Xcelerate Nike Blue Ridge Boys Adventure Lacrosse Camp at Young Harris College
Celebrating 16 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
Our fun-filled Adventure Lacrosse Camp in the Blue Ridge Mountains will be the highlight of every camper's summer! During the week campers will receive high level instruction and have an opportunity to go white water rafting as well as experience a thrilling Canopy-Ropes Adventure Tour.
Located in the beautiful mountains of Northeast Georgia, Young Harris College is just two hours from Atlanta, Asheville, Chattanooga and Greenville. Get ready to have some serious summer camp FUN with Young Harris head coach, Forrest MacConnell and his experienced Nike coaching staff!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Whitewater Rafting and Canopy Ropes Tour
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie Instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Forrest MacConnell
Forrest MacConnell is in his second season as head coach of the men's lacrosse program at Young Harris College.View Forrest MacConnell's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
MacConnell led the Mountain Lions to 13 straight victories and the inaugural Great Lakes Valley Conference regular season title and to the conference tournament championship in the 2018 season. The 13 wins in a season are the most ever for Young Harris.
MacConnell served as the interim coach in 2017 and led the Mountain Lions to a 7-8 record. Four of the Mountain Lions' losses came to nationally ranked programs.
Prior to becoming the interim head coach, MacConnell served three years as an assistant coach and defensive coordinator for the Mountain Lions.
The Cary, North Carolina, native attended Lees-McRae College where he studied Sports Management and was a four-year starter as a defensive midfielder. MacConnell earned the team's Most Improved Player Award as a Freshman and in his senior year helped guide his team to one of the best records in the history of the program.
After Lees-McRae College, MacConnell served as an assistant coach and offensive coordinator at NCAA Division III Bethany College for a season and then as an assistant and defensive coordinator with Cary Academy for two years working with both the Middle School and High School teams.
MacConnell, who earned his Eagle Scout award in 2006, played lacrosse and football at Cary High School where he was named to the all-conference first team and a team captain for both sports. He was named the team's MVP for lacrosse as a junior and received the Coaches' Award for football as a senior.
MacConnell and his wife, Caroline Tucker MacConnell, reside in Blairsville, where she is an eighth grade language arts teacher at the local middle school.
Lacrosse Tips by Forrest MacConnell:
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, July 21st to Thursday, July 25th
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:00AM
ADVENTURE Camper: Whitewater Rafting on Day 2
Whitewater Rafting will take place Monday afternoon. The rafting guides will pick up campers at 1:00pm at the dorm and return campers in time for dinner and the evening lacrosse session. Price: $125
ADVENTURE Camper: Canopy Ropes Tour on Day 4
The Canopy Tour with Wildwater Adventures will take place Wednesday morning. The tour group will pick up campers at 8:00am and return them to campus at 2:00pm in time for the afternoon lacrosse session. Lunch is included in the trip. Price: $150
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, July 21st
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at the dorm.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, July 21st
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at the dorm (TBD). Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check-out Thursday, July 25th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at the dorm.
CAMP LODGING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Housing: TBD
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes | No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dorm with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day Campers
- Sunday, July 21st: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at the dorm (TBD).Camp will begin with a brief orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday, July 25th: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:00AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR819. (Available until January 31, 2019). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR819 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK19. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK19 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, lax golf, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store, Rec Time
- 2:00 PM Afternoon Lacrosse Session: Demonstrations
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:30 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Young Harris College
Young Harris, Georgia is located in the southern Appalachian Mountains, ideally situated between the Chattahoochee, Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests, and a scenic two-hour drive from Atlanta, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
All Around Great Camp!
July 30, 2018: My son had a great time playing lacrosse and going on the rafting and zip lining excursions, and he was so eager to show us his improved skills he learned at camp.
— Henry W. Parent
Instruction was strong!
July 30, 2018: My son thought the instruction was strong! Definitely helped increase his interest level and motivation to get better.
— Steve M. Parent