Xcelerate Nike Alabama Boys Lacrosse Camp at Auburn University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps
Former MLL pro player and camper favorite, Jay Card, is excited to bring his Nike coaching crew to Auburn University in 2018 for the 6th consecutive summer! Auburn is a small, friendly university town located on the beautiful plains of eastern Alabama, about 50 miles east of Montgomery, Alabama's capital, and 115 miles southwest of Atlanta, Georgia.
As the sport strengthens throughout the Southeast, our camp at Auburn University presents an incredible opportunity for both youth and high school players to not only improve their skills, but experience campus life. They’ll cool off in the Olympic size pool, eat their meals across from Auburn Arena, and relax in the air-conditioned dorms. Big Time Fun awaits!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Auburn Olympic Size swimming pool
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jay Card
Directing camp this summer is Jay Card. In his seventh year as an Xcelerate Camp Director, Coach Card brings a wealth of professional and coaching experience.View Jay Card's Bio ⟩
Professional: Long Island Lizards, Rochester Rattlers (MLL), Minnesota Swarm (NLL)
College: Hofstra University
• Xcelerate Camp Director (6 years)
• Assistant Coach, NJIT (2014-2015)
• 3x USILA All-American (2009-2011)
• Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Player of the Year (2009)
• Hofstra University Male Athlete of the Year (2009)
• CAA Rookie of the Year (2008)
• Captain of U-19 Canadian National Team (2008)
• International Lacrosse Federation All-World Team (2008)
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, June 3rd to Wednesday, June 6th
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, June 3rd
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Keller Residence Hall (Quad Dorms).
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, June 3rd
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Keller Residence Hall. Camp will begin with a brief orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check-out Wednesday, June 6th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Keller Residence Hall.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Keller Residence Hall (Quad Dorms)
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: A certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, June 3rd: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm, at Keller Residence Hall (Quad Dorms). Camp will begin with a brief orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- June 4th & 5th: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Wednesday, June 6th: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 9:00 PM Extended Day Campers depart / Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Auburn is a small, friendly university town located on the beautiful plains of eastern Alabama, about 50 miles east of Montgomery, Alabama's capital, and 115 miles southwest of Atlanta, Georgia. Other nearby cities are Birmingham (110 miles northwest) and Columbus, Georgia (35 miles east). Auburn has a population just over 60,000 and has the feel of a small town with everything you would expect from a major city, except for the traffic.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Enjoyed the camp!
June 24, 2017: My son enjoyed the camp and the camaraderie with the kids he practiced with. Good skills were taught and he learned some new tricks. Thanks for a safe, well supervised camp!
— The Auclair Family
June 23, 2017: My son had never spent time away from family. The day before camp he started getting very nervous but the staff was so friendly when we checked in that he didn't have any problem. He had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the experience.
— Jennifer H. Parent
Coaches were outstanding!
June 23, 2017: My son loved the drills with older, more experienced players and the Camp Coaches were outstanding, friendly and encouraging for a young player! Kudos to all involved!
— Cathy D. Parent
Loved the coaches and director!
June 23, 2017: My son was 9 at the camp and got homesick. The coaches and director really encouraged him and he stuck out the entire camp. This was a really big deal for my son and myself.
— Amy M. Parent
We will be back!
June 23, 2017: My son had a blast and it was also the first time he had ever stayed away from home for more than one night. He can't wait to do another.
— Susan G. Parent
Jay Card made my son's experience!
July 5, 2016: Jay Card made my son's experience. Huge boost for him. My son came back with so much confidence on the field and noticeable improvement. We will definitely be coming back next summer.
— Tommy M. Parent
July 3, 2016: Our son had so much fun at the AU lax camp. He learned so much and enjoyed the comradarie with the camp counselors. Definitely would recommend going with someone you know as initially the camp seemed quite disconnected for those who weren't there with friends. Overall the camp was a great experience and our son improved so much over the course of the days. Awesome camp!
— Joanna B. Parent
A Great Camp Experience!
July 2, 2015: I just wanted to thank you all for a great camp. My son learned so much and has gained an even greater love for the game. Just wanted to commend the entire camp staff for a wonderful experience. Thank you!
— Dave D. Parent
We will be back next year!
July 2, 2015: This camp really is good with communication, organization, motivation! My son already wants to come back next year!
— Max K. Parent