Xcelerate Nike Florida Boys Lacrosse Camp at Keiser University
Celebrating 16 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
Keiser University Head Coach, Patrick Johnson, fresh off another successful spring season, will head up the coaching crew at our first summer camp in Florida in 2019! The school's residential and athletic campus in West Palm Beach is conveniently located off of Florida’s I-95 Turnpike and is the perfect setting for our top-rated camp.
Campers will improve their stick skills, receive position specific training, and play in countless games throughout the week. Off the field, campers will cool off in the swimming pool, hang out in the student center, refuel in the dining hall, and relax in the air-conditioned dorms. Summer time fun awaits!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Room
- Olympic Size Swimming Pool
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Patrick Johnston
Patrick Johnston enters his third season as the Head Coach of the Keiser University Men’s Lacrosse team. Johnson was named the first ever coach on April 11, 2016, and quickly endured success by leading the Seahawks to back-to-back National Tournament appearances.View Patrick Johnston's Bio ⟩
- Guided the Seahawks to a 17-6 record and a 7-2 mark at home in their first two seasons
- Coached 19 All-Conference players, five NAIA All-Americans, and the AII Player and Offensive Player of the Year
- Claimed the AII Conference Title in the programs first year
- Advanced to back-to-back National Tournaments including a trip to the NAIA National Championship game in their first year.
- Posted a 7-4 overall record and advanced to the NAIA National Tournament, falling to Reinhardt University for a second straight year
- The Seahawks garnered nine All-Conference awards and three NAIA All-American honors
- Keiser was ranked inside the NAIA Top 10 poll for the entire season, climbing as high as second
- For the second straight season, KU was top ten in assists per game (7.64) and goals per game (12.18)
- Marentette ranked third in the NAIA for points per game with 5.30 and fifth in assists per game with 2.30
- Named the AII Coach of the Year after leading the inaugural team to a 10-2 overall record and an AII Conference title
- Guided the Seahawks to the NAIA National Championship game, where they fell to Reinhardt University, 10-5
- Ranked as high as No. 2 in the NAIA coaches poll
- The Seahawks knocked off Point University, 29-10, for the programs first ever win
- Coached ten All-Conference players, two All-Americans, and the AII Player and Offensive Player of the Year
- Keiser ranked fourth in the nation in assists per game with nine and goals per game with 16.36
- Craig Marentette topped the country in points per game with 6.27 and was third in goals per game with 4.45
Prior to his time at Keiser, Johnston spent two seasons as the Head Coach of NCAA Division II Emmanuel, three seasons as an Assistant Coach at Palm Beach Atlantic, and one season as an Assistant Coach and Defensive Coordinator of his alma mater, the University of Alabama. In his time, he has coached 28 All-Conference players, four All-Americans, and 19 Academic All-Conference members.
Johnston began his playing career at Culver Military Academy before going on to play four seasons for the University of Alabama. In his junior and senior years, he was named an All-Conference defender and Academic All-American.
After graduating, Johnston played for the Magic City Men’s Post-Collegiate lacrosse club and Treasure Coast Post-Collegiate lacrosse team in Palm Beach County.
Johnston earned his bachelors in education from the University of Alabama and his MA in English from the School of Letters program at Sewanee: The University of the South. Johnston is married to Courtney and has one daughter Lydia.
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, June 9th to Wednesday, June 12th
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
SPECIALTY PRE-CAMP CLINICS
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at TBD
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, June 9th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at TBD. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check out Wednesday, June 12th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at TBD.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: TBD
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, June 9th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at TBD. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- June 10th & 11th: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Wednesday, June 12th: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR819. (Available until January 31, 2019). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR819 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK19. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK19 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount.
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Keiser University West Palm Beach is conveniently located a few minutes from Florida’s Turnpike. The 100-acre, residential Flagship Campus located at 2600 North Military Trail in West Palm Beach, Florida extends Keiser University’s educational offerings to over 100 degrees within the heart of South Florida.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
This camp will be offered for the 1st time in 2019!