Xcelerate Nike Kentucky Boys Lacrosse Camp at Northern Kentucky University
Celebrating 15 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
Come join Camp Director and Pro Player, Dan Coates, in the summer of 2018 for our 5th annual Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camp at NKU! A short distance from Cincinnati, Lexington, and Louisville, this location is ideal for all lacrosse players in the area.
Northern Kentucky University is not only easy to get to, but also provides our campers with a number of collegiate amenities. Comfortable air conditioned dorms, an updated student dining facility, new grass-turf fields, and a fun off-field student activity center. It’s going to be a great camp!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Olympic Size Swimming Pool
- Student Center Rec/Game Room
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan Coates
Directing camp this summer is Dan Coates. Coach Coates is a professional player with the Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and was a Gold Medal winner with Team Canada.View Dan Coates's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Professional: Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
College: Canisius College
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2014 World Championships
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2015 FIL World Indoor Lacrosse Championship
• 2017 Team Captain - NLL’s Colorado Mammoth
• 2016 Recipient - NLL Colorado Mammoth Jay Jalbert Award - “Ideal teammate who exemplifies selfless play and commitment and dedication to his team”
• 8th Overall Selection in 2011 NLL Draft
• 1st Team All-MAAC - NCAA Division 1 Canisius College
Lacrosse Tips by Dan Coates:
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
MONDAY, JUNE 11TH TO THURSDAY, JUNE 14TH
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 4:00PM-9:00PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
PRE-CAMP SPECIALTY CLINIC CHECK-IN MONDAY, JUNE 11TH
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at University Suites.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
CHECK-IN MONDAY, JUNE 11TH
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at University Suites. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
CHECK-OUT THURSDAY, JUNE 14TH
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at University Suites.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- DORM: University Suites
- BATHROOMS: shared
- LINENS: Not provided
- AIR CONDITIONING: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
- SUGGESTED SPENDING MONEY: $40
- MEDICAL FACILITY: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- MONDAY, JUNE 11TH: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at University Suites. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- JUNE 12TH & 13TH: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- THURSDAY, JUNE 14TH: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- DAILY SCHEDULE: MON 4:00PM-9:00PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25 (SOLD OUT!)
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
TEAM DISCOUNT: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Northern Kentucky University
Welcome to Northern Kentucky University located seven miles south of downtown Cincinnati and less than two hours away from Lexington and Louisville. The campus is accessible from four major highways and just 20 minutes away from the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. The campus is nestled in the hills of a safe and quiet suburb in Northern Kentucky with all the attributes of a larger college town. In athletics, NKU began competing on the NCAA Division I level during the 2012-13 academic year as the newest member of the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Enjoyed everything about the camp!
June 22, 2017: The NKU campus and dorms were clean, large and they had their own bathroom. The size of the camp was good for hands on training. My son and his friend enjoyed everything about the camp. We hope to be back next year.
— Dean B. Parent
Learned so much!
June 21, 2017: My son learned so much at this camp. He had a great experience on and off the field. He liked free time to bond with other players. He only had positive things to say about the staff including that everyone was very knowledgeable and organized. He asked to come back next year before we made it to the car!
— Julie W. Parent
I loved the hands on training!
June 20, 2017: The coaches offered drills and encouragement to campers and I believe the advice will assist my son in moving forward in the sport. Highlihgts for him were playing the games, learning and having fun. I loved the hands on training.
— Tim C. Parent
I would highly recommend this camp!
June 28, 2016: Great camp for your son or daughter to improve his/her lacrosse skills! My son had a great time, made new friends, and learned a lot. I appreciate the fact that the camp also rewards kids for their character on and off the field, as well as their skills. I would highly recommend this camp for those wanting to improve their game.
— Kim P. Parent
Loved every moment!
June 24, 2016: This was our Campers 2nd year attending this camp. He loved every moment and asked if he could go back for a third year in a row!
— Theo B. Parent
Thanks for Everything!
June 22, 2015: I want to thank you and the coaches for doing such a great job. John has really enjoyed Xcelerate. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of coaches; they were positive and very motivating and helped John improve his lacrosse skills. He now loves going to practices and spending more time playing lacrosse. Thanks for everything.
— Teddy S. Parent
June 22, 2015: Your camp was fantastic! The skill level of the coaches and personal attention was very helpful. My son said the days were full and intense. Please let us know when you have your spring camp and also the summer camp for next year!
— Nate M. Parent
June 19, 2015: This camp was first rate and I feel like when you compare it to all of the day camps we send our children to throughout the summer this was an incredible value for the money spent given it was overnight and included meals! Our son enjoyed himself and fell head over heals for lacrosse during his week at camp!
— Brad P. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.