Xcelerate Nike Oregon Boys Lacrosse Camp at Oregon State University
Celebrating 15 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
2018 is our 15th straight summer in Oregon! Our original and most popular camp will be directed by NLL Pro Player and Team Canada's World Champion, Dan Coates. Coach Coates will lead an experienced Nike coaching staff ready to build confidence and improve lacrosse skills. When not on the field, campers will have an opportunity to swim in the OSU Olympic pool, play in the game room, participate in Q&A sessions, eat in the all-you-can-eat dining facility, and visit the Beaver MU Basement/Student Center. It’s going to be another year of summer camp fun!
The campus of Oregon State University is located in the beautiful Willamette Valley between Portland and Eugene. A school well known for its strong tradition of excellence in athletics, OSU boasts some of the finest facilities that you will find anywhere in the country.
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Camper Bowling & Game Night @ OSU Student Center
- Swim time at OSU’s Dixon Rec Center Pool
- OSU’s State of the Art Outdoor Field Complex
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan Coates
Directing camp this summer is Dan Coates. Coach Coates is a professional player with the Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and was a Gold Medal winner with Team Canada.View Dan Coates's Bio ⟩
Professional: Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
College: Canisius College
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2014 World Championships
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2015 FIL World Indoor Lacrosse Championship
• 2017 Team Captain - NLL’s Colorado Mammoth
• 2016 Recipient - NLL Colorado Mammoth Jay Jalbert Award - “Ideal teammate who exemplifies selfless play and commitment and dedication to his team”
• 8th Overall Selection in 2011 NLL Draft
• 1st Team All-MAAC - NCAA Division 1 Canisius College
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, July 15th to Thursday, July 19th
Overnight & Extended Day Camp (9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 8:45AM-9:00PM, THURS 8:45AM-11:00AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, July 15th
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic.
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Hawley Hall.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited.
Overnight Campers Check-in Sunday, July 15th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Hawley Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check-out Thursday, July 19th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Hawley Hall.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 or 3 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Hawley Hall
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No - No A/C - Please bring a fan
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, July 15th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at Hawley Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up is 9:00pm at Hawley Hall.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: Check-in is 8:45am at Hawley Hall. Pick up is 9:00pm at Hawley Hall.
- Thursday, July 19th: Check-in on the last day at 8:45am at Hawley Hall. Last Day pick up is 11:00am at Hawley Hall.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 8:45AM-9:00PM, THURS 8:45AM-11:00AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Airport Shuttle Transportation
Please visit the HUT PDX airport shuttle link below for information regarding service to and from campus. The HUT shuttle will drop you off at the campus bookstore which is a 100 yard walk to Hawley Hall Dorm. Once you have your reservation, please contact our office with the details. We ask that that you arrive on campus during check-in and depart campus during check-out. HUT Shuttle Info - www.hutshuttle.com/.
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / OSU Student Center / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Oregon State University
Oregon State is located in Corvallis, a vibrant college town of 55,000 in the heart of Western Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Corvallis consistently ranks among the best and safest cities to live in the U.S., as well as among the most environmentally responsible. The 400-acre main campus in Corvallis includes a Historic District, making Oregon State one of only a handful of U.S. university campuses listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The district includes such icons as Weatherford Hall, the Memorial Union and Benton Hall, the oldest building on campus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Learned a lot!
July 28, 2017: My son learned a lot overall. The specialty clinic was great for him. The coaches were positive & encuraged him to keep working hard. He came back home to the Oregon Classic Tournament & was able to contribute to his team with a number of goals & assists that helped them to one of the highest finishes for a central oregon team at this tournament - 2nd in their division (7/8th grade). Thank you to all the coaches & staff.
— Mark R. Parent
July 28, 2017: I appreciate that my son felt comfortable enough to go outside his comfort zone. He has always played attack and by the end of the camp he was playing middie and winning face offs! He has never wanted to play middie before, so your coaches must have done a great job encouraging him to do so!
— Russell C. Parent
July 27, 2017: Well done! My son enjoyed his time at camp immersed in lacrosse and learning new skills. I would love to see more age group participants to ensure adequate competition throughout camp. You did a great job of pushing these kids, they eat it up. Keep growing the numbers and growing the sport in the region.
— Roger W. Parent
Can't wait for next season!
August 3, 2016: I dropped off my 11 year old, and had to return home, 250 miles away. I was nervous, but he was too busy to be lonely or homesick. He came back with a new workout routine that he and a coach had talked about, his stick skills have improved, but more than anything he is excited about lacrosse-he went to camp at the conclusion of 6 months straight of lacrosse, he can't wait for next season to start, and I credit the coaches for making him feel cared about.
— Stefan P. Parent
All boxed checked!
July 29, 2016: Amazing camp. Fun coaches. Good food. New friends. Learned things on and off the field. All boxed checked!
— Thomas W. Camper
July 28, 2016: The coaches do a good job with instruction and keeping things moving. Players were not standing around doing nothing, they were participating and getting better! My son came home with new skills that he cannot wait to share with his club team. Thanks for the great instruction and friendly environment.
— Ron B. Parent
August 5, 2015: Thank you. Robert thought the camp was AWESOME, he learned so much!
— Jason K. Parent
August 2, 2015: I want to thank you again for all that Xcelerate has done this summer. Our son has really thrived in the atmosphere of professional coaching and play that you have offered. His quality of play and skill level has increased and he now feels more confident and qualified on the playing field.
— Emma S. Parent
A Superior Experience!
July 30, 2015: Thanks so much for the superior experience you all provided at the recent Xcelerate Lacrosse camp. This was truly well done from check in to check out and our son had a ball. Of particular note was the excellent coaching staff!
— Lisa P. Parent
Blew Away our Expectations!
July 27, 2015: Each session we saw care, professionalism, passion and skill being passed on to the participants...it was really inspiring for the kids and us as well. In particular, your emphasis on teaching individualized skills on a daily basis, positive reward as a teaching philosophy and helping them understand the power of being a team player were especially evident. You deserve to be successful and we look forward to participating in future camps. Thanks!
— Kristin B. Parent