Xcelerate Nike New York Boys Lacrosse Camp University at Buffalo
Celebrating 15 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
MLL / NLL Pro & Team Canada Player, Mark Cockerton, will join the Nike coaching staff in 2018. Our 4th annual camp at the University at Buffalo will feature first class instruction through progressive drills, constructive and positive feedback, and game time action!
With fun down time activities, safe, comfortable dorms, informative Q&A sessions, and all-you-can-eat meals, campers will experience college life in a relaxed summer camp environment. It’s going to be a great camp!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dormitory Rooms
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brian Lalley
Directing camp this summer is Brian Lalley. Coach Lalley has a wealth of experience having been a collegiate player at Ohio State University, a college coach at Division 1 Canisus College, and a camp director for Xcelerate since 2013.View Brian Lalley's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Brian Lalley is going into his fifth year as the program director for Xcelerate Lacrosse. Prior to joining Xcelerate Lacrosse, he spent four years with the Canisius College men's lacrosse team, serving as the team's offensive and recruiting coordinator.
During his time with the Golden Griffins, Lalley helped three players earn four All-MAAC selections. He was also a part of the 2012 MAAC Championship team that went on the the NCAA Tournament.
As a collegiate player, Lalley played four seasons at Ohio State University and was a two-year starter at Orchard Park High School, earning All-America, first-team All-Western New York and first-team All-ECIC honors as a midfielder and face-off player.
- 2013-Present - Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Program Director
- 2009-2013 - Assistant Coach at Canisius College
- Coached in the 2012 NCAA Tournament
- 2005-2009 - Ohio State University
- Competed in the 2008 NCAA Tournament
- Academic All Big Ten
Lacrosse Tips by Brian Lalley:
- Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse: Ground Balls For Short Sticks By Camp Director Brian Lalley
- Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Tip: Behind the Back Pass/Shot By Camp Director Brian Lalley
- Xcelerate Lacrosse Tip: Stick Protection By Camp Director Brian Lalley
- Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Tip: Motion Offense By Camp Director Brian Lalley
Staff Connor Fields
Coaching at camp this summer is former University of Albany All-American and current MLL player, Connor Fields.View Connor Fields's Bio ⟩
Professional: Charlotte Hounds (MLL)
College: University of Albany
- 2018 #3 Pick in MLL Draft - Charlotte Hounds
- Tewaaraton finalist, fourth player in UAlbany history to earn that honor
- 2017 Fourth-highest scoring season in Division I history with 117 points off 55 goals and 62 assists
- 3 x USILA and Inside Lacrosse Media All-American
- America East Offensive Player of the Year, All-Conference First Team and All-Tournament Team
- America East All-Academic Team with 3.55 GPA
- High School: Ranked the #15 recruit of H.S. Class of 2014 by Inside Lacrosse and #2 in the state of New York by MaxPreps... High School All-American in 2013 and 2014 at Bishop-Timon St. Jude
Staff Mark Cockerton
Coaching at camp this summer is MLL/NLL Pro Player, Mark Cockerton.View Mark's Bio ⟩
Professional: Rochester Rattlers, Ohio Machine (MLL), New England Black Wolves (NLL)
College: University of Virginia
• 2018 Team Canada - Training Roster
• 2017 MLL Championship Team (Ohio)
• 2014 Rattlers Leading Goal Scorer (24)
• 6th Overall Selection in 2014 NLL Draft
• 125 goals - No. 8 All-Time (Virginia)
• 2013 3rd Team All-American (Virginia)
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, July 29th to Wednesday, August 1st
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
SPECIALTY PRE-CAMP CLINICS
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, July 29th
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic.
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Ellicott Complex.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, July 29th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Ellicott Complex. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check-out Wednesday, August 1st
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Ellicott Complex.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Ellicott Complex
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No - Please bring a fan - Dorm does not have AC
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, July 29th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at Ellicott Complex. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- July 30th & 31st: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Wednesday, August 1st: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25 (SOLD OUT!)
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website.
PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo provides the perfect centralized location for players in New York, Pennsylvania, Ontario, and beyond.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
All we could have wanted and more!
August 11, 2017: This camp was so much fun for my son. The coaches keep things fun and engaging and they were also very supportive and encouraging for everyone. This camp was all we could have wanted and more.
— Elizabeth D. Parent
August 15, 2016: I just wanted to thank you all for a great camp. My son, attended the one in NY and loved it! This is the first intense sports camp he's ever attended and it was a wonderful experience. He learned so much and has gained an even greater love for the game. Just wanted to commend the entire camp staff. Thank you!
— Emily L. Parent
August 12, 2015: My son had a great camp this year with you guys. The instruction and on-field time was outstanding! We are definitely going to do it again next year.
— Camryn W. Parent