Nike Adult Pickleball Camp at Agawam Hunt Club
Welcome to the Nike Adult Pickleball Camp at Agawam Hunt Club!
Agawam Hunt Club is the ideal setting for pickleball players looking to take their game to the next level in one of the fastest growing sports in the country. The program offers 8 hours of instruction towards scoring, strategy, grips, specialty shots and much more! Camp also includes lunch in the Grille Room!
The Nike Adult Pickleball Camp in Rumford, Rhode Island is designed for beginning to advanced level players and gives campers the opportunity to enjoy delicious food & drinks while making new friends and receiving instruction from dedicated pickleball professionals.
- Instruction from Director of Racquets, Dana Parziale, and his experienced staff
- 8 hours of court time
- Scoring, strategy gameplay overview and more!
- Supervised match play, including Organized Camp Tournament on Sunday!
- Lunch on Saturday in the Grille Room
- 4:1 camper to coach ratio
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dana Parziale
Dana Parziale is the current Director of Racquets at Agawam Hunt in Rumford, RI.View Dana's Bio ⟩
Dana Parziale is a seasoned pro at Agawam Hunt. He has prior experience as Director of Tennis at the Lawn & Tennis Club of North Carolina in Pinehurst, N.C. where he led a resurgence of membership and play activity. Earlier in his career, Dana was the Director of Tennis and the Head Squash Professional at the Portland Fitness and Racquets Club in Portland, Maine. He also has experience as the Head Tennis Coach at the Nick Bollettieri-led tennis program at the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman and as a staff professional at both the Providence Tennis Academy and The Dunes Club in Narragansett, RI.
Dana graduated from Bryant University, where he led the Bryant tennis team to its first ever conference championship and NCAA tournament berth in 2014. He was also elected captain of the tennis team both his junior and senior years in college and was named Bryant’s Male Athlete of the Year in his senior year.
Dana continues to compete in USTA tennis events and was has been ranked the #1 player New England in both singles and doubles. His current rating for tennis is 5.5, and he also is rated a 5.0 squash player.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
We offer a fun weekend of Adult Day Camp (Saturday-Sunday) for players ages 18+ of all skill levels. Camp includes 8 hours of pickleball instruction & game play, lunch on Saturday and much more!
Camp will cover: Grips, stroke development, dink shot, serves & returns, specialty shots, rules and etiquette and much more!
2023 CAMP DATES
This program has spots for beginner, intermediate and advanced level players.
Upon arrival all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the weekend.
- 3:00pm-5:30pm: Pickleball evaluation, instruction and drills
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Dinner in the Grille Room
- 6:30pm-8:30pm: Scoring, strategy and gameplay overview
- 9:00am-10:00am: Warm-up drills and advanced strategies
- 10:00am-1:00pm: Organized Camp Tournament
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Welcome Package: All campers receive a Pickleball Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Instruction: 8 hours of court time including instruction and match play
- Meals: Lunch on Saturday
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 4:1 camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a pickleball paddle, athletic shoes and a water bottle
- Facility: Campers utilize Agawam Hunt's newest Pickleball courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
COVID-19 SAFETY & REGULATIONS
For more information on our Covid-19 safety procedures and regulations, please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/covid-safety.
ADULT NIKE TENNIS CAMP
We're excited to bring you the Nike Adult Tennis Camp at Agawam Hunt! Click the link for details.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Director Dana Parziale: [email protected]
Camp Code: PBADNP
The training was very well organized and good
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.