Nike Girls Premier ID Camp at Elmhurst University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Is your dream to play in college? Or to be the best one out on the field? The Nike Girls Premier ID Camp in Elmhurst, IL is the perfect opportunity to help take you to the next level! Camp is designed for high school girl soccer players ages 14-18.
- Opportunity to attend professional soccer women's match and perform a match analysis
- Access to brand new turf fields
- ACT Prep Class
- Daily classroom sessions covering college level tactics, systems of play, video instruction and match analysis
- Nightly 11v11 matches
- "Champions Breakfast" with current college players
- Specialized goalkeeping program
- All coaches are head coaches & first assistants from Divisions I, II, III and NAIA
- NSCAA parent development seminar (included in tuition)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dave Di Tomasso
In 2004, Dave Di Tomasso became the head coach of Elmhurst University'ss brand new men's soccer team. Di Tomasso needed little time to turn the program into a winner, guiding the Bluejays to an impressive 12-7-1 record and a trip to the CCIW Tournament in its first year as a varsity sport.View Dave's Bio ⟩
Seven years later, the Bluejays' ascent up the ranks of college soccer has been nothing short of impressive. In 2009, Di Tomasso led Elmhurst to its first-ever CCIW Championship and its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament. The Bluejays finished the season with a 13-4-4 overall record and posted an undefeated conference record of 5-0-2.
n 2013 Coach Tomasso was named Coach of the Year after finishing 11-4-3, good for 2nd in the conference, with only 1 true senior on the field.
In 2010, Di Tomasso guided Elmhurst to a 10-8 overall record with Brehm, Warren, and McMahon all earning all-conference honors.
Di Tomasso has compiled a 76-48-13 record in seven seasons as the Bluejays' head coach. His teams have won 10 games or more in six of his seven seasons and have qualified for the CCIW Tournament four times. He has coached 26 all-conference players, six all-region honorees, and two CCIW Players of the Year.
Before taking the reigns of the men's team, Di Tomasso spent six seasons as the head coach of Elmhurst's women's soccer team. He continues to rank as the University's all-time winningest coach in women's soccer after compiling a 68-45-6 record in six seasons. Sixteen of Di Tomasso's players earned all-conference honors and Tasha Shepard became the first Elmhurst women's soccer player to earn All-America recognition.
Di Tomasso's overall collegiate coaching record stands at 144-93-19.
Di Tomasso, who also coached the men's golf team at Elmhurst, serves on the Illinois Olympic Development Program staff and runs multiple sessions of the Elmhurst College Soccer Academy each summer. He holds a Premier Diploma from the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) and a United States Soccer Federation "A" license. He was recently named the NSCAA Regional Director for Coaching Education. In addition, he'll also serve as an associate national staff coach.
Coach Matt Tunis
Elmhurst College - Division III Matt Tunis is in his first season as a graduate assistant coach with the Elmhurst men's soccer team.Tunis spent three seasons as an assistant coach at AlverniaView Matt Tunis's Bio ⟩
Elmhurst College - Division III
Matt Tunis is in his first season as a graduate assistant coach with the Elmhurst men's soccer team.
Tunis spent three seasons as an assistant coach at Alvernia University in Pennsylvania, helping the team win a pair of conference championships and make three conference tournament appearances. The 2012 squad went on to capture an ECAC South Region Championship.
Tunis began his collegiate soccer career at Ocean County College, before transferring to Alvernia and closing out his playing career.
Tunis holds an NSCAA Level 6 Diploma and a USSF "D" license. He currently coaches with the United Soccer Academy in Oak Brook.
Assistant Coach Wes Lomnicki
Elmhurst College - Division III Wes Lomnicki is entering his second season as an assistant coach with the Bluejays. Lomnicki played collegiate soccer at the University ofView Wes Lomnicki's Bio ⟩
Elmhurst College - Division III
- Wes Lomnicki is entering his second season as an assistant coach with the Bluejays.
- Lomnicki played collegiate soccer at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and was a part of a team that made four consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances.
- As a senior captain, he anchored a back line that allowed only 13 goals for the 2007 season, setting a school record for fewest goals allowed. He earned all-region honors as a senior.
- Lomnicki holds an NSCAA Advanced National Diploma. He is also a staff coach at Oak Brook Soccer Club.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
The most powerful, innovative, unique, and professional soccer camp on the market today, the Nike Girls Premier ID Camp at Elmhurst University will help guide your game to new heights.
This camp is for individuals and teams looking to be challenged in a highly competitive soccer environment, while being seen by top college coaches. Soccer success comes from being smarter and more efficient than the other team. Let us help show you the way!
2022 CAMP INFO:
- Dates: July 30 - August 1
- Ages: 14-18
- Gender: Girls
- Options: Overnight
- Check-in: 11:00am-1:00pm at the Frick center on the first day of camp
- Check out: 4:00-4:45pm on the last day of camp
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the orange button below to view program descriptions, schedules, housing and more.Show Less See More Camp Details
College Coaches Attending or Featured - We pride ourselves in having some of the top coaches in the region at our camp. Each Coach is required to perform one of your field sessions and then support that session with their dynamic classroom session. Some coaches pending and coaches who attended in 2017 include:
- Marquette University
- Aurora University
- IYSA Head - Caulbert Smith
- Robert Morris
- UIC Coaches
- Elgin Community College
- Loyola Coaches
- Northern Illinois Coaches
- Alvernia University Coaches
Past Coaches Have Included
and Many More!!
Nike Premier ID Goalkeeping School
Keepers are trained by the best goalkeeper coaches around! Our goalkeeper staff has extensive experience, including playing professionally, ODP, academy, and regional experience and high level accreditations through the NSCAA and USSF. The Goalkeeping program emphasizes all facets of the position, including the tactics used as a goalkeeper. All keepers have two GK specific sessions per day and are in-goal for nightly matches for further evaluation. Soccer Specific Fitness Training Experience college lever training! Know what it takes to be a college or pro player. All sessions are state of the art and will challenge you each step of the way. ACT Preparation Class Guest speaker led classroom session devoted to helping players understand the importance of maximizing their ACT score. Also touching on helpful study habits and test taking methods. Parent Development Seminar Component It is imperative that the parents are educated on all the factors that go into being a student athlete and what it takes to be successful at the highest level. Nike Premier ID Camp has developed a one of a kind program for the parent! In a partnership with the NSCAA (National Soccer Coaches Association of America) upon check in and after the opening ceremony parents are invited, at NO ADDITIONAL COST, to attend a three hour educational event. Topics that will be presented and discussed include:
- Admissions Presentation and process given by Elmhurst University Staff
- Financial Aid Presentation by Elmhurst University Staff
- Recruiting Process information provided by a National Recruiting Service
- Elite player qualifications moving forward / what to expect in the college game
- Club Soccer: differences between regular, academy, and elite clubs Upon completion of the 3 hour class each parent will receive a Special Topics Diploma through the NSCAA!
- Refreshments will be served throughout the course.
Classroom Training: These days players need to be “students of the game” and this requires them to learn in the classroom much like traditional academics. At Nike Premier ID Camp we understand what it takes to train the players mentally. This is what truly prepares them for college soccer and beyond!
- How to analyze a game from watching and on video through “Match Analysis Training.”
- Perform a match analysis at a professional soccer match
- Tactics of the game through theory and comprehension
- Video analysis
- Drawing of plays and formations using whiteboards Champion’s Breakfast
A unique experience to say the least! Current college players from the major programs being represented attend breakfast with our campers. They share their college soccer experiences both athletically and academically. Breakfast is catered, and the experience includes a high level guest speaker from the soccer world!
This program is geared towards players of all abilities. Campers will work on mastering the proper fundamentals, techniques and advancing their overall skills and knowledge of the game. A great opportunity for players to learn through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. With a number of different camp options for all to enjoy!
CONTINGENCY PLAN FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPERS
In the event that we are unable to host Overnight campers due to safety concerns or COVID-19 restrictions, this camp will be converted to a Day and/or an Extended Day Camp (commuter only) with a revised schedule. All Overnight campers will be notified as early as possible and automatically enrolled into either the Extended Day or Day Camp. We will do our best to maximize training hours within the timeframe of the new schedule. Campers who registered using a credit voucher will be re-issued a credit voucher for any difference in camp price. All other campers will be refunded any difference in camp price. For out-of-town campers, we will look to offer other local accommodation options.
COVID-19 SAFETY & REGULATIONS
For more information on our Covid-19 safety procedures and regulations, please visit here… https://www.ussportscamps.com/covid-safety/
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Information Packet, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Number of Campers Per Room: Two
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual, If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel
- Air Conditioning: A/C is available in the dorms
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the Elmhurst University coaching staff
- Overnight & Extended Day campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle. A further list of 'recommended items' will be in the Information Packet.
- Facility: Langhorst Field
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
A detailed camper information packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers.
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
PEACE OF MIND POLICY
At US Sports Camps, we hope you will not have to cancel your enrollment in camp. If you do though, there are options. For details on our Cancellation Policy, including cancellations of camp by US Sports Camps, please visit: www.ussportscamps.com/peace-of-mind-policy
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
Home to the Elmhurst football, soccer, and track and field programs, Langhorst Field serves as the college's primary outdoor facility. Renovated in 2002, the field is surrounded by an all-weather rubberized track. In the summer of 2011, the field was resurfaced with state-of-the-art FieldTurf. Permanent lighting was also installed in 2011.
I will definitely return next year!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.