Nike Soccer Camp with the Tacoma Stars - Vassault Park
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Get better this summer at the Nike Soccer Camp with the Tacoma Stars. This is the only camp around where you can be coached by professional players! Directing the camp will be Tacoma Stars player and experienced coach, Alex Megson. Join Alex and the rest of the Tacoma Stars camps staff at Vassault Park for a great week of camp. This summer camp is for girls and boys ages 4-15 of all skill levels. This camp provides the perfect blend of instruction and fun!
- Unique & structured curriculum
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt & camp prizes
- Elite technical training & game knowledge development
- Be coached by professional indoor soccer players
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Alex Megson
Tacoma native Alex Megson is a legacy Tacoma Stars player as his father played for the Stars in the 1990's. Alex has made a name of his own as he continues to be a leader on the Stars team. Alex is also the girls' soccer coach at Annie Wright Schools in Tacoma.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- June 26-30, 2023 (Mon-Fri)
- July 31-Aug 3, 2023 (Mon-Thurs)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Future Stars: Ages 4-6
- Player Development: Ages 7-15
- Options: Full and Half Day. (Ages 4-6, Future Stars Half Day only)
- Full Day: 9:00am - 3:00pm*
- Half Day: 9:00am - 12:00pm*
- Future Stars: 9:00am - 12:00pm*
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided. Please bring a packed lunch
- Facility: Vassault Park
*Check-in starts 15 minutes before the start of camp
Player Development: Players will work on mastering the proper fundamentals, techniques and advancing their overall skills and knowledge of the game. A great opportunity for players to learn through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. These camps are designed to maximize player participation and ensure each camper develops in all aspects of the game in a fun and engaging environment. Coaches will implement a wide range of technical, physical, and tactical activities with a focus on fun so campers get to improve with a smile on their faces.
Future Stars: This program is designed for younger campers aged 4-6. In this week-long program, the players will be introduced to soccer in a fun and engaging environment, with the goal of developing each player as an aspiring athlete. An emphasis will be placed on maximizing touches and game time so each camper will come away from the camp with more confidence with the ball at their feet.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the Tacoma Stars players and staff
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle. A further list of 'recommended items' will be in the Information Packet.
- Facility: Vassault Park
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the orange button below to view program descriptions, schedules, housing, and more.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am - 9:00am Check in at Vassault Park
- 9:00am Roll call and demonstrations
- 9:30am - 12:00 am Technical training and small sided games
- 12:00pm - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm Tactical training
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm Small sided and large sided games
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.