Nike Soccer Camp St. Mary's College of Maryland
Take your game to the next level with St. Mary's College of Maryland, Coach Peter Krech
Come join Head Soccer Coach Peter Krech and his staff at the Nike Soccer Camp at St. Mary's College of Maryland this summer and take your game to the next level! St. Mary’s waterfront campus is located 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. and 95 miles south of Baltimore on a peninsula bounded by the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay.
The 2019 Nike Soccer Camp debut at St. Mary's College from July 17-20 held on the campus located in St. Mary's City, MD. The St. Mary's staff have developed a camp curriculum offering outstanding training, and match game strategy. Train hard, play hard and reach new goals, all while having fun!
- Complete Skills Camp for boys and girls ages 8-18
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills, and scrimmages
- 10:1 Camper to Staff Ratio
- Players grouped by age and ability
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt
- Team discounts available
- Nike prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Head Soccer Coach Peter Krech
Krech leads the Seahawk soccer team for his 6th season in 2019 and looks forward to directing the Nike Soccer Camp.View Peter's Bio ⟩
Peter Krech '09 returned to his alma mater in July 2014 to take over the reigns of the Seahawk women's soccer team, becoming the fifth head coach since the program went varsity in 1985.
AT ST. MARY'S
- 29-19-5 (.594) in three seasons
- Three CAC Tournament appearances
- 2015 CAC regular-season runner-up
- 2015 CAC Coach of the Year
- Set school record for most conference wins with eight in 2015
- Received two consecutive NSCAA Team Academic Award after maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative team GPA
- Received 2016 NSCAA Team Ethics and Sportsmanship Silver Award
- Spent three seasons as an assistant with the men's soccer program (2009-2011)
- 14 All-CAC selections (through 2016)
- Three NSCAA All-Region players (through 2016)
- Two NSCAA Scholar All-Region players (through 2016)
- Gillian Sawyer '16 - 2015 and 2016 CAC Player of the Year
- Gillian Sawyer '16 led CAC in goals and points in 2015 and 2016
- Claire Kostelnik '17 led CAC in assists (10) in 2015
- Sydney Larkin '18 led CAC in save percentage (.873) in 2014
- One CoSIDA Academic All-District selection (through 2016)
- 54 student-athletes named to CAC All-Academic Team since 2014 (through 2016)
Session I: July 17-20, All Skills
All Skills Program
We coach them up! The Camp program is designed for soccer players of all levels and abilities. Campers are divided by age and ability.
St. Mary's College is offering one session of overnight with a commuter (9am-9pm), and day (9am-4pm) option available.
All Campers Check-in: July 17th between 11am-12pm.
All Campers Check-out: July 20th between 11am-12pm. Departure immediately following.
Housing & Roommates
Campers reside in the dorms on campus. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you are placed in a room with someone near your age. It is great opportunity to meet someone new!
Linens: Not provided
Laundry Room: Yes (Bring quarters and detergents. ~$1.25 for washer/dryer)
Dorms: Campers will stay in Lewis Quad (LQ) Most of the units will be a six person suite or a ten person suite. Campers stay 2 per room.
The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day & Day Campers
On the first day of camp, day campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. Drop off and pick up locations will be given out at registration.
Extended Day Camp: 9am-9pm
Day Camp: 9am-4pm
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15-7:30am Wake up
- 7:30-8:30am Breakfast is served
- 9:00am Extended Day and Day Camper drop off
- 9:00am Warm up/ Stretch
- 9:15am Soccer Training (Passing focus, first touch focus, shooting & finishing focus)
- 11:130am Lunch
- 12:30pm Kayak, Paddle Boarding, Rock Wall
- 2:00pm Soccer Training Field Session
- 4:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Game study, match analysis
- 8:30pm Extended Day Camper Pick-Up
- 9:00pm Camp Store
- 10:00pm Lights Out
Campers train at Seahawk Stadium and the grass practice fields. Seahawk Stadium is home to St. Mary's College's men's & women's soccer, field hockey and lacrosse teams.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Reviews Not Yet Available
This is our first year hosting a Nike Soccer Camp at this location. For more information, feel free to contact us at 1-800-NIKE-CAMP