Nike Softball Camp Houston Baptist University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Nike Softball Camps is excited to announce our newest Texas camp at Houston Baptist University! This Nike Camp will motivate softball players to reach the highest potential possible while learning the correct fundamentals of hitting, fielding and overall gameplay!
This Nike Softball Camp at Houston Baptist University will be directed by a veteran Nike Softball Camp director, Amber Conner. This camp will be replacing the Pearland H.S. camp.
- Professional instruction from college coaches and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Softball Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Amber Conner
Coach Conner began her coaching career in 2002 as a Graduate Assistant at Oklahoma Christian University.View Amber Conner's Bio ⟩
The former Nimitz graduate and collegiate All-American was the head coach at the University of Dallas for three seasons. In 2003, she joined the University of North Texas coaching staff as the pitching and outfield coach. In 2005 Coach, Conner took over head coaching duties for Decatur High School in Decatur, Texas. Coach Conner also coaches the 18U Shadows, a select softball team out of Flower Mound, Texas.
An All-State selection two years running, Coach Conner was a member of the Texas State University (formerly Southwest Texas State) softball program where she was selected a 1998 All-American. Coach Conner led the Bobcats to Regionals as a freshman in 1998. Posting 24 wins, she was ranked as one of the top 15 collegiate pitchers for the year. Coach Conner was named the Southland Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player in 1999 and continues to hold several school records in both pitching and hitting.
Following her coach to New Mexico State University after her freshman year, Coach Conner continued to excel on the softball diamond. She currently ranks 4th in at bats, 4th in doubles for a season, 5th in wins for a season, and 5th in innings pitched for a season.
After her 2001 season, Coach Conner chose to finish her career at Oklahoma Christian University. She led the Oklahoma Christian program to the 2002 NAIA National Tournament where she was honored as an NAIA All-American. She was also named to the NAIA All-Tournament Team, selected First Team NAIA All-Region, as well as, first team All-Sooner Athletic Conference. Coach Conner continues to hold multiple records at Oklahoma Christian University, including 41 consecutive scoreless innings pitched. She currently ranks 12th in fewest walks allowed per year in NAIA history.
This camp is for softball players of all abilities ages 8-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- June 16-19, 2019
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 16-19, 2019
- Check-in: 1:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 8:45-9:00 p.m., Wednesday: 8:45-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily softball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear softball attire (softball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Located on the southeast corner of the HBU campus adjacent to the Huskies' baseball field. HBU had undefeated seasons in 1996 and 2005 and has been a decided home advantage. The symmetrical park measures 200 feet down the foul lines and 218 feet to center field. The outfield is surrounded by a six-foot fence.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
She improved in all areas such as jumping and hitting and catching.
July 28, 2018: I really appreciate the time, effort, and feedback given to Cassidy while at camp. She will take this advice with her for future softball training.
— Chevonda C. Parent
The drill work was awesome!
July 28, 2018: The positional training was absolutely amazing and resourceful.
— Manuel A. Parent
She had so much fun and learned so much!
July 27, 2018: Thank you for allowing my 6 year old to take part. She loved everything about camp and I can definitely see major improvements in her skills. I would definitely look into sending her to another camp held by US Sports to further her skills as she grows. The coaches truly cared for each kid and the one on one instruction, correction and encouragement was priceless!!!
— Ashley B. Parent
This camp was great!
July 27, 2018: Keep doing what y'all are doing. This camp was the best thing we did to better our daughter for softball.
— Edward S. Parent
The coaches were excellent
July 27, 2018: The interaction between the coaches; the discipline displayed by the coaches to do drills in a way that allowed the girls to learn and not get ahead of themselves; the corrections they offered, even after a girl (my daughter) completed a double play ... teaching her what she could have done better.
— Jay F. Parent
We will definitely come back next year!
July 27, 2018: My daughter enjoyed learning new skills and working with the coaches and girls in her group to become better. The camp was local and had many coaches there for a very personal and hands on experience.
— Rachel R. Parent
So many skills were taught!
July 27, 2018: Payton loved batting and the scrimmages!
— Art R. Parent
Learned a lot
August 1, 2017: We've been to a few different camps this summer and this one was the best. The director had her lessons well planned and from what I saw, my daughter learned a lot of things that I hoped our league would have taught. I had hoped for a larger turnout but in retrospect, the girls got more time with the coaches and that's awesome for the kids and parents. What I really liked about the camp is the hustle mentality by the coaches, no one was allowed to take their time. I think you guys nailed every aspect of the camp, as parents we found the evaluations very helpful and my kid was really interested in her stats to see how she did in each category. I would definitely look for this camp in 2018, thank you for coming to Pearland!
— Christine A. Parent
July 31, 2017: The camp staff was a very teachable and knowledgeable and show positive experience with the campers
— Marcus J. Parent
July 31, 2017: I was able to see how I improved throughout the week, and the coaches gave me notes on things to work on.
— Claire S. Parent