Nike Softball Camp The Fields at Huber Ranch
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Nike Softball Camps have returned to south Texas in Seguin at the Fields at Huber Ranch. Softball players in the area will have the opportunity to learn elite techniques as well as improve their overall knowledge of the game.
Leading the Nike Camp is Elite Nike Softball Camp Director Amber Conner. Amber directs Nike Camps in Dallas, Oklahoma City and Las Vegas and has been involved with the NIKE Camps for nearly a decade.
- Professional instruction from Coach Conner and college-aged instructors
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Amber Conner
Coach Conner began her coaching career in 2002 as a Graduate Assistant at Oklahoma Christian University.View Amber Conner's Bio ⟩
The former Nimitz graduate and collegiate All-American was the head coach at the University of Dallas for three seasons. In 2003, she joined the University of North Texas coaching staff as the pitching and outfield coach. In 2005 Coach, Conner took over head coaching duties for Decatur High School in Decatur, Texas. Coach Conner also coaches the 18U Shadows, a select softball team out of Flower Mound, Texas.
An All-State selection two years running, Coach Conner was a member of the Texas State University (formerly Southwest Texas State) softball program where she was selected a 1998 All-American. Coach Conner led the Bobcats to Regionals as a freshman in 1998. Posting 24 wins, she was ranked as one of the top 15 collegiate pitchers for the year. Coach Conner was named the Southland Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player in 1999 and continues to hold several school records in both pitching and hitting.
Following her coach to New Mexico State University after her freshman year, Coach Conner continued to excel on the softball diamond. She currently ranks 4th in at bats, 4th in doubles for a season, 5th in wins for a season, and 5th in innings pitched for a season.
After her 2001 season, Coach Conner chose to finish her career at Oklahoma Christian University. She led the Oklahoma Christian program to the 2002 NAIA National Tournament where she was honored as an NAIA All-American. She was also named to the NAIA All-Tournament Team, selected First Team NAIA All-Region, as well as, first team All-Sooner Athletic Conference. Coach Conner continues to hold multiple records at Oklahoma Christian University, including 41 consecutive scoreless innings pitched. She currently ranks 12th in fewest walks allowed per year in NAIA history.
This camp is for softball players of all abilities ages 8-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 8-11 (Monday-Thursday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 8-11 (mon-THURS)
- Check-in: 8:45-9:00 a.m. on Monday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 3:00 p.m. on Thursday
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday-Thursday: 9:00-3:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily softball instruction
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear softball attire (softball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
The Fields at Huber Ranch
- FIELDS – 5 field complex with 200 ft fences on each field
- SHADED SEATING – Shade structures for the spectator areas of each field provide comfortable viewing of games
- LARGE, AIR-CONDITIONED CONCESSION & DINING AREA – Large concession building at the center of the complex offering your favorite ballpark foods and video games
- BEAUTIFULLY MANICURED GRASS – Gorgeous patches of vibrant and healthy green grass fills the outfields of this fantastic facility
- LARGE PARKING LOT – Plenty of parking in large lot next to complex
- CONVENIENT LOCATION – Located perfectly in central Texas, a short drive from both San Antonio and Austin and an easy drive from Dallas/Ft Worth and the Houston area
- NCAA QUALITY FIELDS – You have to see these fields to really appreciate the quality and NCAA level playing surfaces – the best complex in the southwest!
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Everything was amazing!
July 27, 2018: Makayla loved this camp and visibly improved in the short time she attended! We will be returning to this camp next year if it is offered in our area! The camp coaches/staff were amazing! I hope they will all return next year!
— Jeremie K. Parent
An excellent camp filled with lots of drills!
July 25, 2018: Will definitely do this camp again! My daughter loved it! Worth the money!
— Angelica P. Parent
It was so much fun!
July 23, 2018: My daughter had fun interacting with other girls her age and learning the drills.
— Carl B. Parent
My daughter loved camp!
July 20, 2018: She’s already said that she would like to go again next year. Her skills have definitely improved. I feel that this camp was absolutely worth it!
— Marie M. Parent
Coming back next year!
July 20, 2018: Kaylee really enjoyed this camp. She is a beginner, but was still able to participate, have fun, and learn new skills. The camp directors gave her extra attention and encouragement when needed. This camp added to her love of the game and she is looking forward to attending again next year as she continues to learn and improve upon the game.
— James C. Parent
This was one of the best camps our daughter has been to
Very well coached covering all aspects from basic fundamentals, that often go overlooked and under coached, to working into advanced skills. Great leadership and coaching staff with constant feedback for the players growth and skills. This was one of the best camps our daughter has been to and had a great group of girls and coaches to make the camp even more enjoyable for her. I don't see anything else could have been done in my opinion to improve this camp based off her experience and her happiness. She was excited for camp everyday, worked hard at every step and looked forward to more advancement and each coaches feedback.
— Chris and Jennifer B. Parents
Definitely attending next year!
Londyn loved everyone at this camp and never wanted it to end. She did amazing and will be attending next year! Very pleased .
— Jessica E. Parent
Great individual attention
Loved the individual attention. The camp was fabulous!! The only thing I would suggest is to make sure the girl's throwing arm is warmed up before doing any real throwing. There was lots of overall stretching and warming up but not their throwing arm always
— Brandi B. Parent
Great camp, coaches and overall experience.
My daughter loved the attention received from all the coaches. There were a lot of girls but they still managed to give individual attention to each and every one of them. Great experience for her and she will be back again
— Joseph V.