Nike Softball Camp Southeastern University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Our summer Nike Softball Camp at Southeastern University presents campers with the opportunity to experience an elite training environment to improve fielding and hitting skills. Southeastern University is the ideal location for any prospect or player looking to improve and make friends!
Coach Kayla Watkins' goal is to provide each camper with an enjoyable growth experience at camp where they can improve their skills as an athlete.
- Nike Sports Camp T-Shirt, Wristband, Sticker, and Potentially Other Prizes!
- Professional Instruction from Coaching Staff
- Daily Emphasis on Fundamental Development and Team Play
- Players Grouped by Age and Ability
- Excellent Residential, Dining and Training Facilities
- View More Details ⟩
Director Kayla Watkins
Kayla Watkins enters her fourth season at the helm of the SEU softball program in 2023.View Kayla's Bio ⟩
Southeastern made a return to the NAIA Softball World Series for the first time in six years under her direction during the 2022 season and won The Sun Conference regular season championship and the Lawrenceville Bracket of the NAIA National Championship Opening Round. The Fire also set program records for wins in a season and stolen bases. Watkins was named Sun Conference Coach of the Year with eight athletes landing on the All-Sun Conference Teams. Jamie Mead was the league's player of the year and Riley Sanders was selected as The Sun Conference and NFCA's Freshman of the Year.
Coach Watkins guided the Fire to eight wins over NAIA Top-20 opponents during the 2021 season. Britt Robinson, Erica Stahl, and Katie Atkins were named First Team All-Sun Conference selections, while Megan Froehlich was voted the TSC Champion of Character. Additionally, SEU landed seven individuals on the Academic All-Sun Conference Team.
Watkins has spent two seasons as the top assistant coach at the University of Southern Mississippi where she oversaw the pitching staff, and helped contribute in all other areas of the game. The Golden Eagles led Conference USA in earned run average at 2.34, and featured C-USA Pitcher of the Year, Abby Trahan, who topped the individual leaderboard with a 1.95 ERA.
Watkins spent a season as the head coach at Bryan College before heading to Hattiesburg, guiding the Lions to a 15-5 record in the Appalachian Athletic Conference, and a league co-championship.
Prior to her college coaching experience, Watkins won three fastpitch state championships as the head coach at Madison Central High School, posting an overall record of 218-59. Her teams also had three MHSAA 6A State Runner-Up finishes in addition to the three titles. A total of 23 of her players went on to play college softball.
Away from the diamond, Watkins has been a Bible study leader for college girls, young adults, and high school girls in the past, and has been an FCA sponsor.
"It is my greatest joy to come alongside young women and see them grow as players as they also grow in their knowledge and pursuit of Jesus Christ, so I am incredibly grateful to Drew Watson and the administration at Southeastern for allowing me the privilege of pursuing this passion," said Watkins.
As a player, Watkins posted a career .330 batting average and was 38-14 with a 1.54 ERA pitching during her time at Samford and Mississippi College. She ranks third all-time in Mississippi College history with a 1.54 career ERA and also posted 30 doubles at the plate. Watkins was a two-time all-conference selection, conference newcomer of the year, and CoSIDA Academic All-American.
Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
THIS PROGRAM HAS CONCLUDED FOR THE SEASON. PLEASE JOIN OUR PRIORITY LIST TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THIS PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE FOR REGISTRATION.
- Age Group: 7-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight | Day Camp
2023 CAMP TIMES
June 18-22, 2023 & June 25-29, 2023
- Check-in: Between 2:00pm-4:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Thursday for all campers
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm, Monday-Wednesday 9:00am-5:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight Campers. Day campers should eat breakfast at home. Dinner is provided on Day 1. Lunch is provided on Days 2-4.
- PACKING UPDATE: Bring a swimsuit and towel (TBD)
July 17-20, 2023
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:00am on Monday, July 17th at SEU Softball Field
- Check-out: 3:00pm Monday-Thursday at SEU Softball Field
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided. All campers should bring a packed lunch each day.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
- Dorm: Aventura Hall
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room. 4 or 8 person suites
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens (Twin) or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
*Room Key Deposit of $10 Required*
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily Softball Instruction
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Nike Camp T-Shirt, Gym Sack, Player Card, and Lanyard
INSTRUCTION & FACILITY
Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
Groupings: Campers are initially grouped by age and moved around accordingly based on skill level.
Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities are available during inclement weather conditions.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Small gym bag/backpack
Athletic clothing: t-shirt, shorts, softball pants (recommended)
Cleats & sneakers
Catchers gear (if applicable)
Packed lunch and snacks
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during checkout. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOFTBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our softball camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Southeastern University Gender Policies
Please note, US Sports Camps is required to follow Southeastern University Gender Policies for all Southeastern University camps.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:15am Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45am Day Campers Arrive/Warm-up/throwing and fielding mechanics
- 9:30am Group Training Drills and Contests
- 10:15am Defensive Position Training
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:15pm Warm-up/running drills and contests
- 2:15pm Offensive and Skill Station Circuit Training
- 3:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 3:15pm Team Organization
- 3:45pm Free Time
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:15pm Warm Up/Stretch
- 6:30pm Games
- 10:00pm To Rooms/Lights out
SEU Softball Field
Campers train at the Southeastern University softball field, located on campus at 1000 Longfellow Blvd in Lakeland. This recently renovated field has 2 batting cages and 4 bullpen mounds.
Southeastern University is the beautiful Mediterranian-style campus and setting for this summer’s NIKE Softball Camp in Lakeland, Florida where students enjoy a year-round average temperature of 72 degrees. Situated between two lakes on more than 87 acres, this location is nearby Tampa, Orlando and the Florida Sun Coast.
My daughter enjoyed every second of this camp! She will be back next year.
— Parent of Attendee from This Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.