Nike Winter Swim Camp at San Diego State University
Come join us December 9-10!
Derived from SDSU's popular summer swim camp, the Aztec coaching staff and current swimmers, are proud to offer an abbreviated winter swim clinic in December on the beautiful campus of San Diego State University. Known for its near-perfect climate, San Diego provides the ideal setting for swimmers to improve their stroke technique this summer and have some serious fun! Campers train daily at the Aztec Aquaplex, home of the San Diego State Swimming and Diving Team.
Directed by SDSU Associate Head Coach, Joe Spahn, get a mid-season behind-the-scenes look at Aztec Swimming. From in water training and dry-land conditioning, to classroom content and discussions, this two day winter clinic will help you become a more effective and passionate swimmer.
The Nike Swim Camp at San Diego State is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
- Intensive emphasis on racing tactics plus starts and turns
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Joe Spahn
Entering his third year at San Diego State, Joe Spahn was promoted to associate head coach in August 2022. Since joining the Aztec staff, Spahn has helped the Scarlet and Black earn 86 all-Mountain West honors over the past two seasons.View Joe Spahn's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This winter, San Diego St is offering a two day clinic for ages 8-18. The camp curriculum is designed for competitive swimmers to help them attain a higher level of confidence, technical accuracy, and execution to maximize their swimming potential. Enrollment will be limited to ensure that individuals will receive special attention and maximize their participation. Campers train each day in the Aztec Aquaplex which provides San Diego State University, its student-athletes and the Aztec community with one of the highest quality facilities in America.
- Dates: December 9-10
- Age Group: 8-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 11:00am-4:00pm on Saturday & 10:00am-3:00pm on Sunday
- Check-In: 10:30am on Saturday & 10:00am on Sunday at the Aztec Aquaplex
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: The Stroke Technique program is designed to provide competitive swimmers with a better understanding of swimming fundamentals. Stroke refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of proper stroke mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
5375 Remington Road
San Diego, CA 92181
Click Here For Directions
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Aztec Aquaplex
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Dryland training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- 2-3 Swimsuits
- Swim Cap(s)
- Water bottle
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/flip flops
- Aztec Recreation Waiver (form to be printed, filled out and turned in at camp)
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: SAT 11AM-4PM & SUN 10AM-3PM
Sample Daily Schedule
- 10:30 AM Day Campers arrive
- 11:00 AM Morning Swim session
- 12:30 PM Dryland and Flexibility session
- 1:00 PM Lunch
- 2:00 PM Afternoon swim session
- 4:00 PM Campers depart
Opened in March 2007, the Aztec Aquaplex features two pools, one for competition, and another for recreation and a hydrotherapy spa. The competition pool measures 51 meters in length and 25 meters in width and can accommodate a multitude of competitive swimming events. It also includes a movable stainless steel bulkhead, which allows a flexible water depth of anywhere between seven and 17 feet.
Camp Questions & Answers
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Upon arrival at SDSU, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
She would like to do again
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.