Nike Tennis Camp at Cabrillo College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Join us this summer by the beach for Nike Tennis Camp at Cabrillo College! Coach Ron Ward and his team are looking forward to helping your campers improve their tennis game.
This camp at Cabrillo College is a tennis day camp for kids looking to receive tennis training, work on their technique, compete in match play, and be challenged by their peers.
- Instruction from Coach Ron Ward and his expert staff
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Campers receive Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ron Ward
Ron Ward has played, coached, and run successful junior programs producing top National level players. Ron has run over 300 tournaments for the past 35 years. Ron was an All American and NCAA champion. Ron played on the tour, and then coached players from beginning level, to as high as 30 in the world. He coached at the Junior College level for 15 years, coaching his teams to the California State final, three of those years. In many of the other years his teams have finished in the top 5 in the State.
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 10-14
We offer day camps (9:00am-4:00pm) for boys and girls, ages 9-17 of all skill levels.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: Monday at 9:00am at the Cabrillo College Tennis Center
- Check-out: Friday at 12:30 at the Cabrillo College Tennis Center
- Camp Program: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm, Friday 8:30am-12:30pm
Lunch is not included. Campers will need to bring their own lunch each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Cabrillo College 8 outdoor tennis courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: We will use the indoor gym if need be
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDCC
Gave my son a pre college experience
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.