Nike Tennis Camp at Earlham College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Earlham College Department of Athletics is committed to providing an exceptional camp experience for campers of all ages and skill levels. Campers have the opportunity to learn more about tennis from Earlham coaches and improve their skills. Earlham College is excited to partner with Nike Tennis Camps, the biggest name in tennis. The camp will take place at the Earlham campus, utilizing the best facilities in the region.
The Nike Tennis Camp at Earlham College offers day and overnight options and teaches proper fundamentals, strokes, strategy, mental toughness, matchplay, tennis sportsmanship, and appreciation for the game while offering the best off-court experience in the country for girls and boys ages 8-18.
- Instruction from Coahc Todd Tucker and his experienced staff
- 5:1 camper to coach ratio
- Campers receive Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Todd Tucker
With over 25 years of coaching experience Tucker comes to Earlham with a wealth of experience from all levels of the NCAA. Prior to moving to Richmond, Tucker spent a year at the helm of McKendree University’s NCAA D2 men's and women's programs in Illinois. Before leading McKendree, Tucker was the head men's and women's tennis coach at Salem University NCAA D2 in West Virginia.View Todd's Bio ⟩
At Salem, Tucker engineered a turnaround in both programs. The women's team improved by 17 wins and earned a birth into the NCAA D2 championships, while the men's team improved by nine wins.
Prior to Salem, Tucker served as the assistant men's tennis coach at NCAA Division III Capital University before-which he joined the staff at NCAA DI Wright State University in 2013-14 before being elevated to the interim head coach for both programs in the 2014-15 season. Tucker began his collegiate coaching career after working as the Director of Player Development at the Ivan Lendl International Junior Tennis Academy in Hilton Head, S.C. He joined his brother, Ty Tucker (Ohio State Director of Tennis), on the ATP tour as his traveling coach before going on to coach several world ranked players including: Seth Hoffman ATP, Matt Mendez ATP, Kennedy Schaffer WTA, and Alex Sklizovic ATP.
As a tennis player, Tucker was ranked nationally as a junior by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) in the early-to-late 1980s. He captured a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) national championship while playing at North Greenville College in 1987-1988. After that, Tucker played professionally on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour from 1988-90.
"Earlham College is a top academic college with unbelievable athletic facilities. The HCAC is a great conference and the school is beautiful, so I am very excited to get the opportunity to work with the student-athletes. The athletic department is second to none and I look forward to learning under the direction of Athletic Director Adam Hutchinson as well as the athletic coaches, faculty, and staff." Said Tucker on his hiring.
Tucker earned his bachelor's degree from Ohio Christian University and went on to receive his MBA in Sports Administration from Salem. Tucker's son, Tag, and Daughter-in-Law, Kylie, both graduated from Ohio University with degrees in education and teach in Columbus, Ohio. He also has a granddaughter named Aleah.
2023 CAMP DATES
We offer Full Day and Overnight Camp options for campers of all skill levels and ages 8-18.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. There will be a 1.5-hour evaluation session after check-in. Campers will then be sorted by ability first, then age. Adjustments will be made as needed during camp.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
July 9-14 Schedule
- Overnight Check-In: Campers check in on Sunday between 1:00pm-2:00pm at Earlham House.
- Day Camper Check-In: Day Camper check-in on Sunday from 2:30-3:00pm at the Earlham Varsity Tennis Courts. Please come dressed and ready to play.
- Check-out: All campers check out at 5:00pm on Friday.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 3:00pm-8:30pm, Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm, Friday 9;00am-5:00pm
July 24-28 Schedule
- Check-in: Campers check in on Monday at 9:00am
- Check-out: Final check-out will take place on Friday at 4:00pm
- Camper Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Day Campers: Lunch is provided each day
- Overnight Campers: All meals are included for Overnight campers
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Earlham College Tennis Facilities - 10 outdoor hardcourts, 4 indoor courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of heavy rain or lightning we will move camp to indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Dorm: TBD
- Number of Campers per Room: 2 campers per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Bed linens are NOT provided. Please bring Twin XL-sized sheets or a sleeping bag, blanket, towel, facecloth, and pillow.
- Air Conditioning: The dorms do NOT have A/C. Campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
- Dining Hall Information: Campers will be eating at Earlham Dining Hall. More information about their menu and food alternatives can be viewed here, https://www.metzearlham.com/dininghall.html
All evening activities are extras are subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines.
- Evening Activities: Evening activities may include swimming with certified lifeguards on duty, a talent show, bonfire smores and hot dogs for a snack after dinner, Movies with pizza, popcorn, and drinks, a campus scavenger hunt, and campus game room.
- Weekend Stayover: Not offered at this location
Nike Tennis Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from the airports, train stations, or bus depots.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts 1 paid/day)
Swimsuit and towel (subject to change)
Shower flip flops
Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
Personal items & medications
Washcloth and bath towel
Bed sheets (if linens are not provided)
Comforter/blanket (if linens are not provided)
Pillow/pillow case (if linens are not provided)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXRECShow Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00am-9:30am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:30am- 12:00pm Tennis Instruction, Drills, Skill Work & Strategy sessions
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch, Rest
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play, Doubles, Drills, Weights, Film session
- 4:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 5:00pm - 8:30pm Evening Activity
- 8:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 9:30pm - 10:00pm Lights Out
Will definitely recommend this camp to others!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.