Nike Tennis Camp at Sea Colony Beach Resort
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike tennis camp in Bethany Beach at Sea Colony Beach Resort, a premier family beach and tennis resort community, is among the top junior tennis camps in Delaware. Come enjoy your summer, make friends, and elevate your tennis game.
The Nike Tennis Camp at Sea Colony Beach Resort is a tennis day camp for kids looking to receive high-level tennis training, work on their technique, and be challenged by their peers.
- Instruction from top teaching pro, Alex Justiniani, and his expert staff
- All Skills, Tournament Training and 10&Under Tennis programs
- 5-6 hours daily tennis training; low camper to staff ratio
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Alejandro Justiniani
Alex has over 30,000 hours of teaching experience and is a 5.0 rated player who brings 18 years of teaching experience to the resort program, including 12 at Sea Colony.View Alejandro's Bio ⟩
Alex is a USPTA Elite professional and a PTR certified professional who has achieved certifications in all four PTR pathways: Adult Development, Junior Development (10 & Under and 11-17) and Performance. He also holds specialized certifications in Cardio Tennis and Wheelchair Tennis. In 2021 he was named USTA's DD and Middle States teaching professional of the year and he was also named Delaware’s 2012 & 2021 PTR Pro of The Year. He was also Tennis Industry Magazine's 2013 Top 30 Under 30 professionals in the country.
Alex specializes in high performance training for all ages. During his time at Sea Colony, he has trained and helped hundreds of collegiate athletes achieve their goals. He uses the newest innovative methods and technology available in the industry.
Before rejoining Sea Colony, Alex was the Director of Tennis of Cattail Creek Country Club in Howard County, MD. As a player, he competed in ITF and Futures Circuit in the United States, Mexico and Europe. As a junior, Justiniani trained at the world renowned Van Der Meer Tennis Academy in Hilton Head Island, SC.
Co-Director Chuck Willenborg
Chuck Willenborg, a former junior and NCAA champion, quickly turned the Johns Hopkins tennis program into one of the best in the nation.View Chuck's Bio ⟩
The winningest coach in the history of the men's program, he also served as the Director of Tennis from 2011 to 2014. In December of 2012, Willenborg was named the USTA/ITA National Campus QuickStart Provider of the Year for his work with both the QuickStart and 10-and-Under Tennis programs in Baltimore County. He also ranks second in the history of the JHU women's program with 91 career wins.
Since taking over the program in 2005, the Johns Hopkins men's team has amassed 264 wins (264-73 • .783). The Blue Jays' success in the Centennial Conference has been even more impressive as they have gone 129-3 (.977) since 2005 and won 84 straight conference matches from April 2006 to March 2016. During Willenborg's tenure, Hopkins has won 14 Centennial Conference titles and have made 14 straight NCAA Tournament appearances, including four quarterfinals appearances.
During his tenure, the Blue Jays have produced six Centennial Conference Players of the Year, one Centennial Conference Rookie of the Year, one ITA National Rookie of the Year, one CoSIDA Academic All-American, 32 ITA All-Americans, 88 all-conference selections and 84 ITA Scholar-Athletes as well as numerous nationally ranked singles players and doubles teams. In addition, JHU has sent 16 singles players and 10 doubles teams to the NCAA Championships.
Prior to Willenborg's arrival, the men's team had never been ranked nationally or ranked higher than 16th in the Atlantic South region. By the end of his first season, the men were ranked 10th in the region and just 16 months after he was hired, the Blue Jays earned their first ever national ranking (30th). After falling out of the rankings early in the spring of 2006, the program regained its national ranking in May 2006 and has appeared in every poll since.
In six seasons as head coach of the Blue Jay women, Willenborg won a then-record 91 matches and posted a .758 winning percentage. He led Hopkins to four straight Centennial Conference titles, including the program's first in 2007. The Blue Jays made four straight NCAA Tournament appearances, including three consecutive Sweet 16 trips in Willenborg's final three seasons. His players earned 22 All-Centennial Conference selections (12 singles, 10 doubles) and five ITA All-America accolades (1 single, 4 doubles). He also coached the 2007 Centennial Conference Player of the Year.
Willenborg brings outstanding amateur, collegiate and professional experience to Hopkins. His amateur career was highlighted by a USTA National Clay Court Championship and a top-5 national junior ranking. He was selected to the prestigious Junior Davis squad and competed at the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 24-28 (All Skills)
- July 8-12 (Tournament Training Only | Ages 12-18)
- July 15-19 (All Skills)
- July 29- August 2 (Tournament Training Only | Ages 12-18)
- August 5-9 (All Skills)
We offer day camps (9:00am-3:00pm) for boys and girls, ages 10-18, with All Skills and Tournament Training programs.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Tournament Training Program: The tournament training program is geared towards kids ages 12-18 who are tournament-level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- Check-in: Monday at 8:30am at the Sea Colony Tennis Center Pro Shop
- Check-out: Friday at 12:00pm at the Sea Colony Tennis Center Pro Shop
- Camp Program: Monday 8:30am-3:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm, Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
Campers bring their own lunch each day
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Sea Colony Beach Resort was named the 2012 USTA Facility of the Year. With 34 tennis courts, including indoor, outdoor, Har-Try clay, and hard courts, the tennis facilities are a haven for tennis enthusiasts throughout the region.
- Inclement Weather Plan: Indoor courts are available for use as needed
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
NIKE ADULT TENNIS CAMP AT SEA COLONY
We're excited to also bring you an adult Nike Tennis Camp at Sea Colony for ages 18 and over! Click the link for details.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDDEShow Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:15pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 3:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
August 13, 2022: This year they seemed to separate the kids by skill level compared to last year where the older more advanced campers were mixed with the beginners
July 24, 2023: Practicing the tie breakers at the camp helped me improve on what I was having trouble on in tie breakers
August 13, 2022: On court playing experience, instruction and coaching. Overall excellent experience.
June 24, 2023: Learning how to better myself while playing and getting more powerful strokes.
July 29, 2023: Overall excellent experience. Great play, competition and instruction.
July 22, 2023: Lots of instruction and improvement
The coaches went above and beyond.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.