Nike Clark Family Running Camp at the Peddie School
Train with 3 time Olympian Hazel Clark!
At the Clark Family Running Camp we understand the importance of proper training and educating young runners. We work with High School athletes (including rising 9th graders) of all abilities to help you get better.
Located in Hightstown, New Jersey, The Peddie School offers the perfect setting for both our track and field and cross country training program. This beautiful 54-acre campus offers running trails, an outdoor track and turf field, as well as being located a short distance from Peddie Lake for morning training runs.
COVID-19 Update March 2023:
All campers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination at camp check-in. Campers with medical and/or religious exemptions must provide a letter of exemption at camp check-in. Campers should not come to camp if they are feeling sick.
Fully vaccinated is defined by the CDC as: “You are fully vaccinated even if you haven’t gotten your booster yet. The definition of fully vaccinated does not include a COVID-19 booster. Fully vaccinated, however, is not the same as having the best protection. People are best protected when they stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, which includes getting a booster when eligible.”
- Choose from Track & Field or Cross Country
- No Pole Vault or Javelin in 2023
- 10:1 camper to staff ratio
- Specific training for all skill levels
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Hazel Clark
Hazel Clark is an American middle-distance runner who specializes in the 800 meters middle distance race. Clark was a member of the U.S. Olympic team in 2000, 2004 and 2008. She has won six national titles and two USA Olympic Trials events during her career.View Hazel's Bio & Track & Field Tips ⟩
Clark was a member of the Florida Gators track and field team and was coached by her brother J.J. While at Florida, she was undefeated in SEC competition and won five NCAA titles.
Track & Field Tips by Hazel:
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 13-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight, Day
- Meals: All meals are provided at the on-campus dining facility. Day campers do NOT receive breakfast or dinner
- Check-in (Overnight only): Sunday, 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
- Check-out (All campers): Thursday, 12:00 PM
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday-Wednesday, 8:30 AM-4:00 PM; Thursday, 8:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Daily Check-in/Check-out Location: Armellino Quad, Peddie School
- Check-out Location Thursday, July 13: Parking Lot adjacent to Aquatics Center
- View the campus map here
- Jumps (No Pole Vault)
- Throws (No Javelin)
- Middle Distance
- Distance/Cross Country
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
- Dorm: Assigned at check in
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
- Bathrooms: Shared on floor
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: We do not require a room key or meal card deposit. However, if you do not return your key or meal card on the last day of camp, you will be responsible for all replacement charges from the host facility. US Sports Camps will charge the camper credit card on file for all costs due.
Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEES:
- Overnight Campers: Features several instructional sessions per day, three hot meals, and lodging in residence halls. An evening recreation program is also included.
- Day Campers: This option offers the same features as the resident camp minus lodging, breakfast, and dinner (Day Campers should eat breakfast before daily check-in).
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10
- Grouped by: age, ability, current mileage, and experience
- Equipment needed: Campers should bring at least two pairs of broken in running shoes. Racing flats/spikes are optional. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Peddie School, local roads and trails
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above
- Comfortable non-running clothing
- Underwear and socks
- Flip flops
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Swimsuit and towel
- Pen and paper for notes during guest speakers
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Fan (optional)
- Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag (linens are NOT provided)
- Laundry detergent
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TRACK & FIELD CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Track & Field camps please see our FAQ page.
Fun Facts about the Clark Family
- Hazel Clark is a three-time Olympian and the founder of Future Olympian Sports Clinics and US Embassy appointed sports envoy.
- The late Dr. Joe Clark is the patriarch of the family and the subject of the movie Lean On Me.
- Joetta Clark Diggs is a four-time Olympian and the founder of the JCD Sports Foundation.
- Jearl Miles Clark is a five-time Olympian and American Record Holder.
- JJ Clark is a 22 time Coach of the Year, a member of the 2008 Olympic team coaching staff, and is the Franklin P. Johnson Director of Track and Field at Stanford University, overseeing Stanford’s track and field and cross country programs. Coach Clark has coached numerous NCAA champions, national champions, national team members and world class athletes.
Show Less See More Camp Details
The Peddie School is a co-ed boarding and day school located in central New Jersey, just outside of Princeton and only an hour from New York and Philadelphia. Campers train each day at the Peddie Athletic Center facilities.
Camp Questions & Answers
Are the campers supervised throughout the camp?
Yes, campers are supervised by the coaches and staff. Staff members reside in the same dorms as the campers and provide supervision during instruction, dining times, evening activities, and in the dorm.
All staff members complete criminal and sex offender background checks before working the camp
Does this camp have medical personnel on staff?
We have a certified athletic training on-site and a doctor on-call at all times in case of a training injury or medical ailment/emergency.
How many campers are placed in a dorm and do you accommodate roommate requests?
Most rooms are doubles. When you register for the camp, you have an option to submit a roommate request. If you would like to add a roommate request after registering for a camp, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.
We accommodate all roommate requests, made before 2 weeks before the start of camp, if placed in a double room dorm. If we must place the camper in a single, we will room them side by side. Campers who do not submit a roommate request will be placed in a dorm with other runners, similar age and same gender.
Do the dorms have air-conditioning?
Dorms are NOT air-conditioned. Please bring a fan.
Can you accommodate special dietary needs?
Campers dine in the school cafeteria which offers a variety of different meal options that are sure to accommodate most campers’ dietary needs. In the case that a camper possesses extreme dietary restrictions, please reach out to school’s Dining Services to make the proper accommodations.
Can I come to camp alone or do I have to be a member of a team?
We welcome individual campers and teams. If you come to camp by yourself, we place you in a dorm room with another single camper, similar in age. It's a great place to meet new friends who share your enthusiasm for the sport and to have FUN!
Does the Health & Release Form need to be signed by a doctor?
Our Health & Release Form does not require a doctor’s signature. This form is required to be filled out accurately, signed by the parent (guardian), and submitted online before arrival on the first day of camp.
My child is new to the sport, do you accept athletes who are beginners in the sport?
Ideally campers will have some experience in Track & Field or Cross Country.
Connor loved all aspects of the camp.
I enjoyed getting to work closely with a college coach during the workouts and q&a's. I also had a really great time making friends!
— Parent of Attendee from This Camp in 2022
Work hard play hard
2022: My son said they worked hard but that he had so much fun and that he met cool people there
2022: Morning motivation at 6:30 am: Running with Mrs. Hazel Clark. Wow, that's hard! But what an experience and life lesson experience.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.