Nike Boys Volleyball Camp at Aurora University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our new boys volleyball camp in Illinois offers an All Skills camp and Serving & Passing clinic focused on improving every camper's skill set. Aurora University Men's Head Volleyball Coach, Dan Ames, and his dedicated staff will lead campers through a series of drills and live game-play to unleash their potential.
Our summer volleyball camp invites players from the Chicago metropolitan area and beyond to attend and compete against other athletes! Boys, ages 10-16, are encouraged to train with fellow volleyball players to improve their game and create unforgettable camp memories.
- Elite-level training from college coaches and players
- Excellent training facilities
- All Skills and Serving & Passing Clinic programs offered
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 coach to camper ratio
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan Ames
Dan Ames is the Head Men's Volleyball Coach at Aurora University.View Dan's Bio ⟩
Dan Ames was named Head Coach of the Aurora University men's volleyball program in May of 2019.
Ames takes over the reigns of the Spartan men's volleyball program who will be entering its third year of existence in 2020. The first two seasons have seen the Spartans take steps each season with a 12-14 overall record and finished fifth in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference in the inaugural 2018 season and in 2019, AU went 13-14 overall with a third-place NACC finish. AU won a first-round NACC Tournament game to advance to the NACC Tournament Championship weekend.
Prior to coming to AU, Ames spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach at North Central College with the Cardinals men's and women's programs. Ames made his mark at the collegiate level at NACC rival Dominican University where he served as the Stars first NCAA Division III men's volleyball head coach and helped build their men's volleyball program from the ground up. In three short seasons, Ames built the Stars program into one of the top Division III program in the country. Ames was the 2017 AVCA Division III Men's Volleyball Coach of the Year.
Ames was an owner of two volleyball clubs, Naperville Volleyball Club and Pipeline Volleyball Club. During his time with the clubs, he amassed an impressive resume at the club level, posting second and third place finishes at the AAU National Championship in 1999 and 2000 with the Sports Performance Volleyball Club as well as a second place finish at the Asics National Championships in 2004 with the 16-Mizuno and 18-Runbird boys teams. While with Sports Performance Volleyball Club, the club became the first ever to two top five seeds in the same Boys’ Junior Olympics 18-Open Boys’ Tournament.
Camp Director Kevin Kustura
Kevin Kustura is the Assistant Volleyball Coach at Aurora University.View Kevin's Bio ⟩
Kevin Kustura joined the Aurora University men's volleyball program as an assistant coach in the winter of 2021.
He comes to AU after one season as head coach of the Hiram College men's volleyball program. Prior to his time at Hiram, he served as an assistant women's volleyball coach and assistant strength and conditioning coach at Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.
In his lone season with Hiram, the Terriers went 10-2, winning the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference championship and advanced to the NCAA Division III tournament.
Prior to joining Trinity College, Kustura served as a graduate assistant coach with both the men's and women's volleyball programs at Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio from 2018-19.
During his two years with the men's volleyball program, Kustura helped the Tigers to their first winning season in 2018, the best winning percentage in school history, an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) regular-season championship and a second-place finish at the AMCC Conference Tournament in 2019.
And with the women's volleyball program in 2018, Kustura helped coach the Tigers to a 27-3 record, including a perfect, 8-0 record in North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) play, an NCAC Conference Championship, and a 2018 NCAA Division III Sweet Sixteen berth. In addition, four Tigers were named AVCA DIII All-Americans during Kustura's time at Wittenberg.
Previously, Kustura also spent a season as a graduate assistant women's volleyball coach at St. Mary's University in San Antonio, Texas, helping coach a Rattlers' team that won the Heartland Conference Tournament and made their first NCAA Division II Women's Volleyball Tournament appearance since 2011 in 2017. The Rattlers finished second in the Heartland Conference in the regular season during Kustura's tenure, increasing their winning percentage by over 100 points.
Kustura began his coaching career in 2016 as a strength and conditioning intern first at Metropolitan State University in Denver, Colo. from January to June and then at University of Colorado Boulder in Boulder, Colo. from Aug. to December.
A two-time Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF) All-Academic Team selection, Kustura played four seasons of volleyball for NCAA Division I California Baptist University in Riverside, Calif., tallying 478 assists and 291 digs in 64 matches and 181 sets played.
Kustura earned his bachelor's degree in kinesiology from California Baptist in May 2015, and his master's degree in athletic coaching from Wittenberg University in May 2019.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-16
- Gender: Boys
- Programs: All Skills and Serving & Passing Clinic
- Camp Type: Day
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day
2023 CAMP DATES
- August 7-August 10: All Skills Camp (CANCELLED)
- August 11: Serving & Passing Clinic (CANCELLED)
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
All SKILLS DAY CAMP (CANCELLED)
- Dates: August 7-August 10
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-4:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Program: This All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play.
SERVING & PASSING CLINIC (CANCELLED)
- Dates: August 11
- Daily Hours: Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Friday
- Program: This Serving & Passing Clinic is designed for players to improve the strength of their serve and effectiveness of passing. The serving portion of the clinic will focus on the various techniques of serving, along with improving consistency. The passing portion of the clinic will focus on various passing techniques for both front-row and back-row passers, as well as all-around ball control techniques for all positions. Recommended for all players and positions.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- A/C in Gym: Yes
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Show Less See More Camp Details
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
ALL SKILLS SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Campers will train in the Thorton Gymnasium, home of the Aurora University volleyball team.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
My son's coach became his hero.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.