Nike Volleyball Camp at McDaniel College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 girls volleyball camp in Maryland is designed to give players the opportunity to train with college level coaches to gain skills and confidence before their upcoming season.
This kids summer camp in Westminster takes place at McDaniel College and offers Overnight and Day Camp programs for players, ages 12-18, of every skill level. Athletes will train, compete, and improve all while having fun with other players who share their love for volleyball.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training available for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jessica Wolverton
Wolverton enters her seventh season at the helm of the Green Terror. In her debut campaign, she guided a team of mostly freshmen to seven victories. She mentored two of the conference’s top hitters and was one of just two teams with multiple hitters in the top 12 individually.View Jessica Wolverton's Bio ⟩
A year later, Wolverton led the squad to a 19-9 season, earning Centennial Conference (CC) and ECAC tournament berths with only freshmen and sophomores on the roster. She earned conference Coach of the Year honors after the campaign, once again mentoring two of the CC’s top hitters to all-conference honors.
In 2014, Wolverton once again guided her Green Terror squad to a 19-win campaign and ECAC tournament appearance. Her squad posted the second-best hitting percentage in the conference.
In 2015, she guided the squad to the program’s first conference tournament title and first championship since 1999. Her team turned in a 21-8 record and advanced to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1989.
The two-time CC Coach of the Year became just the second person to win a CC title as both a player and a coach.
Prior to taking over at McDaniel, she spent the previous two seasons as the head volleyball coach at Sewanee: The University of the South.
At Sewanee, she was instrumental in building a team that had just eight wins in the three seasons before her arrival in Tennessee. In 2011, she brought in eight freshmen – the biggest recruiting class in program history – and quadrupled her win total, recording the program’s most victories in 10 years. Three of her players were named to all-tournament teams during the 2011 season, tripling the total from the previous year.
A Lancaster, Pa., native, Wolverton was a standout volleyball and soccer player at Hempfield High School before playing volleyball collegiately at CC-rival Gettysburg. In 2010, she was inducted into the Hempfield Athletics Hall of Fame.
The 2003 CC Player of the Year, she was part of four conference championship teams during her time as a Bullet. She was a first-team AVCA All-Mid-Atlantic selection in 2003, also garnering honorable mention All-America accolades, before being selected as an honorable mention all-region selection in 2004. During her four years leading the team, the Bullets racked up a 108-34 record, including a 37-3 mark in conference play.
A two-time All-CC first-team selection, she finished her career at Gettysburg 1,605 career kills – a total which still ranks third in program history. She also notched 1,339 career digs, which is still ninth all-time, to become one of just eight players in program history to be part of the 1,000-kill, 1,000-dig club.
A career .220 hitter and team captain as a senior, she still ranks in the Gettysburg top 15 with 211 service aces. She also had 187 total blocks, including 118 block assists, and had 103 assists. She also finished with 42 double-doubles, including in the final eight matches of her collegiate career.
After graduation, she went to Florida State University and spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons as a graduate assistant with the Seminoles volleyball program while earning her master’s of science from the Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems.
Over the next three years, Wolverton spent time as a high school and middle school teacher in psychology and physical education at The Maclay Prepatory School in Tallahassee, Fla. She also served as the head volleyball coach, compiling a record of 60-28 in three seasons. She won a district championship each year at the helm, earned two regional championships and made two Florida Final Four appearances. She was also named Big Bend Coach of the Year in 2008.
At the same time, Wolverton was involved in the Tallahassee Juniors Volleyball Club, serving as the head coach and on the Board of Directors for the U-17 team until she returned to the college ranks in 2010.
While at Sewanee, she also served as the assistant sports information director and as an instructor in the physical education department.
Wolverton graduated cum laude from Gettysburg in 2005 with a bachelor of arts in psychology.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls, ages 12-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 7-10 (All Skills Camp)
- July 10-11 (Position Specialty Camp)
This camp is open to girls, ages 12-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards girls, of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards players wanting to hone their skills in a specific position. Campers choose one position to focus on for the duration of camp and receive specialized training on the latest techniques.
*ATTEND MULTIPLE SESSIONS
We encourage campers to maximize their camp experience by linking consecutive camp sessions together. Players have the option to attend:
- the All Skills Camp followed immediately by the Position Specialty Camp
- Campers will attend the All Skills Camp which concludes at 11:30am on Wednesday, and will be supervised until the start of the Position Specialty Camp at 1:00pm on Wednesday. There is no need for parents to come check their camper our and back in on this day if they attend both sessions.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
ALL SKILLS: July 7-10
- Overnight Camper Check-in: 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday
- Extended Day Camper Check-in: 3:00-4:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: Final games will take place from 9:00am-11:30am at the Gill Center. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 3:00-9:00pm, Monday & Tuesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm
POSITION SPECIALTY: July 10-11
- All Campers Check-in: 1:00- 2:00pm on Wednesday
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Thursday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday: 2:00pm-9:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Evening Activities: Lip Sync Challenge with live DJ
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: On each floor
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
- Amenities: Each room has a mini fridge and microwave.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Baltimore/Washington International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
McDaniel College is a private four-year liberal arts college in Westminster, Maryland, located 30 miles northwest of Baltimore.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
December 11, 2018: This was our daughters (and her friends) first overnight volleyball camp and she can't wait to go back next year! She raved how coaches would take time to help her quickly improve the specific skill in a way that she continues to use today. As parents, we were very comfortable with the facilities, check-in, staff friendliness and the overall program. We'll be back!
— Joey A. -Parent
July 13, 2018: My daughter loved the relaxed play, which allowed you to apply skills and warm up games were great too. This was her second year. She will attend again next year because she knows this camp is stress free for her and makes her better.
— Shelby B. Parent
We will be back!
July 12, 2018: My daughter loved how busy they kept her and that there was very little down time. I think it was great just the way it was. My daughter had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back next year
— Sabin B. Parent
Well run camp!
July 12,2018: My daughter’s confidence on the court seems to have grown and I attribute it to a he positive feedback, constructive criticism and overall encouragement. I think the Camp was very well run with a great blend of court time and down time.
— Megan R. Parent
Began to understand a camp
July 12, 2017: My daughter really began to understand the game. The camp has increased her desire to play.
— Kalisha M. Parent
Loved working with college students!
July 12, 2017: My daughter loved working with college students and getting one-on-one advice.
— Monica C. Parent
Wants to return next year!
July 12, 2017: My daughter loved every minute of camp and was sad to have it end. The McDaniel players were awesome and so nice (her words). After the first day she told me she wanted to return next year already. Thank you!
— Kate S. Parent
July 12, 2017: I enjoyed being around other people that enjoy the same sport.
— Elle W. Camper
July 20, 2016: I would definitely recommend this camp to my friends. My daughter had a great experience learning new skill, meeting new people and just being able to experience a college campus.
— Lauren J. Parent
July 15, 2016: All the coaches taught me a lot and gave us good play time. There was always something new to learn so that we did not get bored with just one game. Also everything was at a high intensity level which made it more fun!
— Lydia P. Camper
July 22, 2015: Nike Volleyball Camp is very fun. The coaches make the intense volleyball fun to learn. The coaches are very nice and they help you when you need it. I recommend Nike Volleyball Camp! Best camp EVER.
— Mindy B. Camper
July 12, 2015: I would love to recommend this camp to others, it was full of fun and the energy was amazing. Coach Wolverton is an amazing coach that really knows how to relate to the campers.
— Rose D. Camper
The staff was very supportive and gave good criticism to help the players improve!
— Camper '15