Nike Volleyball Camp at The Ellis School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Campers are encouraged to join our summer 2024 volleyball camp at The Ellis School in Pittsburg to receive elite instruction from Nike Volleyball Camp Director, Katie Johnson and her staff. Our camp invites girls, ages 10-18 to improve their volleyball fundamentals and take their skills to the next level at our All Skills Camp.
Our volleyball camp this summer in Pennsylvania will provide girls with the opportunity to train and become better players in a comprehensive and competitive environment. Campers will have an unforgettable camp experience and feel prepared for their upcoming season!
- Excellent training facilities and high quality instruction
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Katie Johnson
Katie is the Athletic Director at The Ellis School.View Katie's Bio ⟩
Katie Johnson currently serves as the Director of Athletics for The Ellis School. Katie formerly served as Assistant Director of Athletics at The Lovett School in Atlanta, GA. Katie has held numerous roles in the Athletic Department, including head volleyball coach, and has served as a yearbook advisor, English teacher, and student advisor in her time in education. Prior to her time at Lovett, Katie was a coach and English teacher at Cambridge High School in Milton, GA.
Johnson brings a high level of coaching experience to our volleyball campers. Her coaching background includes; The Lovett School (2016-2022), Cambridge High School, Roswell High School, Indian Springs School, Pittsburgh Elite Volleyball Association, A5 Volleyball Club, and Alabama Juniors Volleyball Club.
Throughout her career, Katie has received numerous awards for her coaching abilities. Some of these awards include:
- 2021 A/AA GVCA Coach of the Year
- AVCA 30 under 30 recipient
- Two-time Region 7-AAAAA Coach of the Year
- 2015-2021 State Playoffs
- 2017-18 Area 4-AAA Champions
- 2016-17 Area 4-AAA Runner-Up
- 2016 & 2017 State Semifinalists at Lovett.
- 2015 Region 7-AAAAA Champions
- 2015 State Semifinalists at Cambridge High School
Katie’s undergraduate degree is from the University of Montevallo, where she played varsity volleyball for four years and earned her B.A. in mass communications with a minor in Spanish.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 24-28
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring a lunch each day. Concessions will be available for purchase for $2 each.
- Program: This All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This camp is suited for 4th graders through incoming 9th graders.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring their own lunch each day. Concessions will be available for purchase for $2 each.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: 3 Indoor Courts
- A/C in Gym: Yes
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-12:00pm Lunch
- 12:15pm-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Volleyball campers will train on campus at The Ellis School's high-quality training facilities in the East End of Pittsburg.
July 14, 2023: My daughter is a soon-to-be fifth grader who has not played volleyball before, and this was a way for her to try it out. She came home really excited about the sport and wanting to play more!
June 24, 2023: I got to meet a lot of new people and learn how to serve and do many other volleyball skills.
June 26, 2023: The friendships my daughter made and the progression of her volleyball skills
July 3, 2023: They really worked my daughter hard! She was exhausted every day.
June 27, 2023: Her skills have improved
The coaching staff was very professional
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.