Nike Volleyball Camp at High Country Sports
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 summer volleyball day camp in Utah is designed to help players unleash their potential. Campers will improve their skills, increase their confidence, and make new friends in a fun and spirited atmosphere.
Girls of all ability skill levels are invited to attend our summer volleyball camp held at the High Country Sports Empowerment Center, a premier indoor sports facility. This is the place to be for athletes looking to experience and improve in different aspects of the game.
- Instruction from excellent coaches and staff
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ratio 1:10
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Kim Norman
As a professional volleyball coach, Kim has worked at all levels of the game. Coaching Utah Unity professional women’s team in 2012 as well as coaching collegiate, high school, and club.View Kim's Bio ⟩
In addition to posting two conference championships at Westminster College and their first trip to the NAIA National Championship in 2007, Kim reached her extraordinary 100th win with Westminster College – Griffins. Kim won two state championships at Highland High School, and has won the IM Region bid to nationals every year with her team. Kim’s vision and commitment to volleyball development began in 1991 when she collaborated with USA Volleyball to bring Junior Olympic training and events to Utah. Her tireless efforts paved the way for many Utah players to achieve their dream and play volleyball at the highest level including college and professional.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 3-6
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JUNE 3-6
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Please bring sack lunch every day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The High Country Sports Empowerment Center is an indoor sports facility in Kearns, UT. This facility holds 2 full size basketball/soccer courts and 3 full size volleyball courts.