Nike Volleyball Camp at Linfield College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Train, compete and improve at our Oregon volleyball camp near Portland this summer. This PNW summer camp for kids offers players of all ability levels the opportunity to improve their skills and have lots of fun!
The Linfield College volleyball camp provides superior instruction, teaching campers everything from hitting, to setting, to serving, and more! Come hone your skills and leave camp with the passion to enjoy this great sport for a lifetime.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Linfield College - Josh Davis
Josh Davis is the Head Volleyball Coach at Linfield College. Davis spent the past two years as head volleyball coach at the University of California, Santa Cruz and brings a varied resume of college, club and playing experience to his new position.View Josh's Bio ⟩
Davis also has extensive coaching experience as an assistant coach, most recently at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (2015), Occidental College (2014), and Calvin College (2012-13).
He graduated from Calvin in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology and went on to earn a master’s degree in coaching and athletic administration from Concordia University-Irvine.
At Calvin, he served as a volunteer student assistant coach, supporting a program that won two Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association championships and the 2013 NCAA Division III national title.
Davis spent one year as an intern with the Michigan Volleyball Academy’s 16 Silver National team and served as head club coach at Cal State-Fullerton for two years while completing his master’s degree.
He began his coaching career as a student assistant with the Sioux Falls Christian High School (South Dakota) girls volleyball team, guiding the team to a state title in 2007 and a fourth-place finish in 2008. From 2007 until 2009, he coached the Sioux Falls AAU freshman volleyball team.
As a men’s volleyball player, Davis started at libero on the Calvin men's club team in 2009. In 2010, he transferred to Bethel University where he was the starting defensive specialist and backup setter, helping lead the team to a top 10 finish in the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation. In the fall of 2011, he returned to Calvin and helped lead his team reach the national tournament for the first time in school history, finishing with a top-25 finish in 2014.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls of all ability levels. Campers can choose between All Skills (ages 10-18) or Advanced (ages 14-18) programs. Click "See More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 16-19
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players, ages 14-18, with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 16-19
- Check-in: 1:00-2:30pm on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:30am on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 1:00-9:00pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: TBA
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: TBA
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session, Open Gym, or Evening Activities
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
Linfield College is an American private institution of higher learning located in McMinnville, Oregon about one hour outside of Portland, Oregon.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.