Nike Volleyball Camp at the National Volleyball Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This volleyball camp in Rochester, MN is an all encompassing day camp experience with serious volleyball training, excellent facilities, and lots of fun.
Our kids summer camp program in Minnesota includes mental toughness, physical training, and gives players the opportunity to train alongside other athletes who share their passion.
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Stephen McCarthy
Stephen McCarthy, BES, CFT, Director of The McCarthy Project, Stephen has researched and developed innovative training and skill development techniques specific to life and sport for over 15 years.View Stephen McCarthy's Bio ⟩
His athletes have won state championships, received college scholarships and played professionally. Our camps are geared to develop a love of the game, to challenge athletes to expand their understanding of time and space on the court, as well as, to truly bring the fun into the game of volleyball.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 23-26
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JULY 23-26
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPTMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The National Volleyball Center is a multi-use building, which is highly tuned for the sport of volleyball. Located adjacent to Century High School, it gives southern Minnesota a sporting complex surpassed by none. The building and equipment are of world class standards, from the Bio-Cushion II floor to the Olympic quality lighting. There is on-court seating at each court for 60 people. Additional spectator areas are available in the upstairs mezzanine.