Nike Volleyball Camp San Antonio
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our top volleyball camps in Texas are geared towards girls, ages 8-17, of all skill levels, and provide a solid foundation on which they can continue to build upon after camp.
These volleyball camps in San Antonio will take place at the courts at Our Lady of the Atonement. We may also be adding a second location and more dates for 2018. Stay tuned!
- Excellent training facilities and coaching staff
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- 4 hours of daily volleyball instruction
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lisa Lancaster
Lisa Lancaster has coached both club and high school level volleyball in Edinburg, Texas since 2013 and will now be lending her talents to Nike Volleyball Camp in San Antonio for the 2018 camp season.View Lisa's Bio ⟩
After a successful high school career in volleyball, basketball, track & field, and cross country, Lancaster turned her eye toward the physical education and coaching world. Lancaster received her degree in Kinesiology from Texas A&M International University in 2013 while playing volleyball for the Division II Texas A&M International Dustdevils.
Since graduating she has coached volleyball at Progreso High School, Lyford High School, LRD Elite Volleyball Club, and South Texas Juniors Volleyball Club.
This year, we are offering an AM Half Day Camp (8:00am-12:00pm) for ages 8-12 and a PM Half Day Camp (1:00pm-5:00pm) for ages 12-17. All camps are geared towards girls of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- June 25-28
- July 16-19
All sessions are open to girls, ages 8-17, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
*Please note, the following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
Session I: June 25-28 | Session II: July 16-19
Morning Session: Ages 8-12
- Daily Hours: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Check-in: 7:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 11:30am. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
Afternoon Session: Ages 12-17
- Daily Hours: 1:00-5:00pm
- Check-in: 12:30pm on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 4:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
Our Lady of the Atonement
15415 Red Robin Road
San Antonio, Texas 78255
Session III: TBA
2018 details coming soon!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Complete supervision
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: AM Half Day Camp
- 8:00-8:15am Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 8:15-8:45am Instruction: Passing and Setting
- 8:45-9:15am Instruction: Serve receive patterns (appropriate for skill level)
- 9:15-9:45am Instruction: Serving and Serving Areas
- 9:45-10:15am Instruction: Hitting Techniques
- 10:15am-11:00pm Instruction: Defensive movement and placement on the court
- 11:00am-12:00pm 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: PM Half Day Camp
- 1:00-1:15pm Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 1:15-1:45pm Instruction: Passing and Setting
- 1:45-2:15pm Instruction: Serve receive patterns (appropriate for skill level)
- 2:15-2:45pm Instruction: Serving and Serving Areas
- 2:45-3:15pm Instruction: Hitting Techniques
- 3:15-4:00pm Instruction: Defensive movement and placement on the court
- 4:00-5:00pm 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Excellent training and safe environment
I highly recommend this camp to all girls interested in volleyball! I think it would be fine for a beginner who has strong interest in volleyball and isn't afraid to sweat! This was my 10 y/o daughter's 1st time at Nike, and we both loved it! Excellent instructors and excellent training in all aspects of volleyball! Safe environment and as a parent, I felt very comfortable leaving my daughter there to go run a few errands. Otherwise, I enjoyed staying the 1st hour and returning 30+ minutes early so I could watch. This camp exceeded my expectations and I am very thankful my daughter had the opportunity to attend. THANK YOU NIKE!
— Tiffany S. Parent of San Antonio Camper 6/20/16
Excellent camp experience
My daughter had an excellent camp experience. Quality instruction and lots of repetition was key for my daughter who had never played before
— Joel H. Parent of San Antonio Camper 7/18/16
This camp is a very good camp for beginner and intermediate players who want more touches on the ball and more practice.
— Parent of a San Antonio Camper 6/28/15
Well organized, outstanding director & staff, excellent instruction, positive atmosphere, nice gym & fun!
— Parent of a San Antonio Camper 6/30/15
The camp allows girls with athletic abilities to compete against older girls. That really brought out the competitor of our daughter and we love that!
— Parent of a San Antonio Camper '14
My daughter seemed to learn a lot in a very short time which was wonderful. She was exhausted but felt she really got better in a short time.
— Parent of a San Antonio Camper '14
Will be back next year
It starts off with the quote of the day, then builds to individual instruction and technique. Active the entire practice with excellent coaching. You can feel the love and passion of the game from the excellent coaching staff. We will be back next year.
— Parent of a San Antonio Camper '14