Nike Volleyball Camp at Simmons College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball camps at Simmons College are designed for athletes to receive expert training from college coaches, improve their game, make new friends and have fun.
Enjoy the beautiful Simmons College campus and college atmosphere at our volleyball camps in the heart of Boston this summer. Our camps combine technical intruction, position specific drills, and full scrimmages and they are open to players of all levels.
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Scott Grandpre
Scott Grandpre is the Head Volleyball Coach at Simmons College. The Sharks mentor guided the squad to a 21-10 season record in 2017, including 11-1 in conference play, to establish school records for both regular season and conference wins. Grandpre saw Simmons vie for the conference championship for the first time in school history last year, following a program-best 12-match win streak, bolstered by the Great Northeast Athletic Conference Player of the Year.View Scott Grandpre's Bio ⟩
The Rhode Island native has coached the Sharks to great success in conference play with three straight winning records against league foes, while compiling a 25-9 (.735) mark to go with an appearance in the conference title match and a semi-final nod. During Grandpre's three-year tenure at the Fenway school, Simmons ranked as one of the top-serving teams in the nation in 2017, placing ninth among Division III leaders and was 11th following the 2015 campaign. He has already coached seven All-Conference performers and as a tribute to his recruiting prowess, his first class of newcomers produced a First Team honoree, who was also selected to the New England All-Rookie squad and the following year was named the GNAC Player of the year.
The Sharks have compiled a 14-8 (.636) tally in conference action during Grandpre's two-year tenure at the Fenway school and ranked as one of the top-serving teams in the nation in 2015, placing 11th among NCAA Division III leaders. He has already coached five All-Conference performers and as a tribute to his recruiting prowess, his first class of newcomers produced a First Team honoree, who was also selected to the New England All-Rookie squad.
Grandpre came to Boston following five years of experience as a coach at the NCAA Division I level. He spent the past four seasons on the sideline of the Sacred Heart University women's program. While with the Pioneers, he directed drills and administered on-court instruction. He was an integral part to the team's scouting effort and also used analytics to help prepare the squad for upcoming opponents as well as making adjustments and improving the Pioneers' play as a team and individuals. The Sacred Heart graduate also managed game-day events and fundraising efforts.
Prior to his three-year stint with the women's program, Grandpre enjoyed a four-year playing career with the Pioneers. He was a two-year Captain for the men's squad and graduated in 2010 as the program's single-season record-holder for service aces and digs. Following his playing career, he wasted no time getting into the coaching ranks as an assistant for the University of Rhode Island women's team, before returning to his alma mater a season later to serve as an assistant for the men's program.
In addition to his coaching duties at the collegiate level, Grandpre has worked hard to establish his presence in area volleyball circles. He is the Director of New England Amateur Athletic Union and is the Founder and Director of the RIPP Boston Volleyball Club. He has also served as a Master Coach for the TCA Volleyball Club team, while serving as Director of Volleyball Operations for the Northeast Volleyball Showcase in Trumbull, Conn.
Grandpre graduated with a degree in Mathematics and Biology.
Grandpre is married and he and his wife, Jenny, recently welcomed their second child into the family fold this past summer.
This year we are offering Overnight, Day Camp (9:00am-3:00pm), and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. Overnight campers wanting a longer camp experience can link Sessions 1 & 2 together with a 1-night stayover! See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 28-31
- Aug 1-4
- Aug 13-15
This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.Show Less See More Camp Details
All sessions are open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
ATTEND MULTIPLE SESSIONS
We encourage campers to maximize their camp experience by attending consecutive camp sessions. Overnight campers wanting a longer camp experience can link Sessions 1 & 2 together with a 1-night stayover (July 31-Aug 1) for an additional fee of $85. Lodging, meals and supervision are included.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES
SESSION I: JULY 28-31
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at the Holmes Sports Center
- Check-out: Tournament play takes place at 12:30pm on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 2:00-9:00pm, Monday-Tuesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday: 9:00am-2:00pm
SESSION II: Aug 1-4
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00pm on Thursday at the Holmes Sports Center
- Check-out: Tournament play takes place at 12:30pm on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 2:00-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-2:00pm
SESSION III: Aug 13-15
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-3:00pm Tuesday-Thursday
- Check-in: 8:30-9:00am on Tuesday at the Holmes Sports Center
- Check-out: Tournament play takes place at 12:30pm on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place immediately after.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Boston-Logan International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake-up, shower
- 8:15am Breakfast
- 9:00am Stretching/conditioning
- 9:15am Arm swing demonstration
- 9:30am Practice: Attacking progression
- 10:30am Defense and serving drills
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Passing demonstration
- 1:45pm Practice passing/defense drills
- 2:30pm Practice: emergency recovery
- 3:00pm 3 vs 3 tournament
- 4:30pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Practice: games/scrimmages
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to rooms
- 10:30pm Lights out
Simmons College's beautiful campus is located in Boston, Massachusetts. The college campus can be accessed via car and public transit.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Helpful and enjoyable
September 10, 2018: I think that this camp offered a wonderful atmosphere for my daughter via great coaching, encouragement, support, and fun. Plus, it gave her the confidence to try out for the high school JV team with girls who had more experience than her, during her very first week of being in the high school environment. Kudos to all of you for giving her a great start!
— Monika P. Parent0
Amazing time at camp!
August 18, 2017: My daughter had an amazing time at camp. She connected with her coach, and her teammates wonderfully. She was very happy to have made new friends and increase her volleyball skills.
— Victoria W. Parent0
Loved the food!
July 24, 2017: The highlights of the experience were when the campers got to have a large tournament against the other teams. Other highlights included the group game activities that were held that helped the groups to become more familiar with each other and to bond with one another, as well as the wonderful food that was given!
— Lauren D. Parent0
July 24, 2017: The warm ups and exercises. She liked the food. The Director was professional, knowledgeable and friendly.
— Angela S. Parent
July 24, 2017: This was my daughters first " Sleep away camp" ever. It was a great experience doing something she loves! She appreciated the personal feedback on her game!
— Dana C. Parent
Sparked my daughter's interest in the sport!
July 24, 2017: This camp helped spark my daughter's interest in volleyball and I noticed her starting to care for this sport.
— Dana C. Parent
April 12, 2017: My daughter did your overnight camp this past year and loved it! It was the perfect blend of volleyball/athletics and experiencing the flavors of Boston. She asked me to sign her up again this year. My daughter ended up making the freshman team this year as an 8th grader and is very excited to continue on a successful path in the program. And I was also pleased that she also made the JV tennis team this spring. Her move to high school has proven to be a good one for her!
— Allison D. Parent
August 20, 2016: Nike Volleyball was one of the best camps I've ever been to! The coaches and staff were so amazing and kind to talk to. I absolutely loved my team, and I know we'll stay in touch. Also, my playing improved tremendously!
— Cynthia N. Camper
Great learning experience
July 21, 2016: Kudos to Scott Grandpre and his entire organization. This camp was a great learning experience, both on and off the court. My daughter improved her skills, made new friends and had a lot of fun. We'll definitely be back next year!
— Camie B. Parent