Nike Volleyball Camp at Soka University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Athletes from Orange County and beyond are encouraged to join our fun and competitive overnight volleyball camp at Soka University. This summer camp is programed towards girls, ages 10-18, looking to receive elite level instruction to master their volleyball skills and take their skills to the next level.
Our summer volleyball camp is Aliso Viejo gives players the opportunity to train with other athletes who share the same love for the sport and prepare for the upcoming fall season. Don't miss out on this opportunity to hone your skills at our California volleyball camp!
- Instruction from elite coaches
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Evening Activities
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ross Duncan
Ross Duncan is in his thirteenth year as camp director at Nike Sports Camps. Ross is a former WTA coach and D1 tennis coach. He currently works with top volleyball directors across the country to run Nike Volleyball Camps.View Ross's Bio ⟩
Ross Duncan was the #1 junior tennis player from South Africa before coming to the U.S. on a full ride tennis scholarship to Pepperdine University. After studying sports management and graduating, he played professional tennis earning ATP points in both singles and doubles. Ross then went on to coach as the Interim Head Coach at UC Santa Barbara and the Associate Head Coach at the University of Oregon. In addition, he also coached professionally on the WTA tour (top 30 player in the world).
Currently Ross is ranked #1 in the nation in the Men’s 35 Singles Division and has back to back National Hard Court Championships in singles. He represented Team USA as the #1 singles player in the World Championship. Ross is currently ranked #9 in the world. In addition, Ross owns Peak Performance Tennis and is the director of the Tennis Division for Norton Sports Management. As a Tennis Agent he is responsible for managing,coaching, and directing the professional tennis career of its clients. Ross has been the director of Nike tennis camp programs in both California and Oregon during the last ten years.
Co-Director Alissa Blevins
Alissa comes from an athletic background as her mother played and coached Volleyball in the USA and Europe while her father played professional Basketball. Alissa followed in her parents footsteps finishing her high school Volleyball career on the sixth ranked team in the state of Arizona.View Alissa's Bio ⟩
Alissa took her talents to the next level playing both indoor and beach Volleyball for Irvine Valley College and also earned a scholarship to play at Navarro College in Texas. After her success there she moved on to earn another scholarship to play at the University of Providence in Great Falls, Montana where she graduated. Alissa then moved back to Orange County and has been coaching at Prime Volleyball Club. This is her 8th season coaching at Prime and her 11th year coaching Volleyball. This is her second year with the Nike Volleyball camps and is excited to help the campers develop their technical and tactical skills on the court and to keep instilling a love and passion for the game that she holds dear to her heart.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 30-July 2 | July 7-9 | July 14-16
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: 5:30pm-6:30pm on Friday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 3:45pm on Sunday. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Schedule: Friday: 6:30pm-9:00pm, Saturday-Sunday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
Soka University of America requires the following for Overnight Campers (vaccination status is not required for day campers):
• Proof of COVID-19 current vaccine status with two vaccines (one vaccine if they received Johnson & Johnson). Proof of status is via a COVID-19 Vaccination Card OR State of California SMART Health Card with the QR code. Customer is responsible for collecting this data and will provide, to SUA, if requested.
• For those that are eligible to receive the booster, we are requiring it as part of our latest Vaccine Mandate.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: TBA
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Depends on dorm assignment
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: TBA
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon and evening training sessions.
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day (Commuter) campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camps Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts, grass courts, and chalk talks.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic training clothes (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Overnight/Extended Day Full Day Sample Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:15pm Off Court Instruction
- 2:00pm Training Session II
- 5:00pm Day Campers depart
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Fun camp activities
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Soka University is located in Orange County, 15 minutes from Laguna Beach. Campers will utilize Soka's three indoor courts as well as some training on an outdoor grass and/or sand court.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
She enjoyed her time!
August 1, 2019: Games helped students improve on skills that were learned earlier in the day. Staff modeled positive reinforcement that was easily followed through by students.
— Laura G. Parent
July 19, 2019: Getting to meet the other campers. The college camp was held at. Beach day.
— Kalin F. Parent
Lots of practice
July 19, 2019: She enjoyed significant volleyball reps daily with some fun activities during and after the camp.
— David W. Parent
She is coming back!
July 12, 2019: It was so nice to be able to play volleyball with such experienced coaches. I had so much fun playing all of the games with my friends while I was there. Everyone was so nice and encouraging! I will totally be back next year! Can’t wait!
— Mollie O. Parent
Learned a lot
July 12, 2019: She like making new friends, and really improved her volleyball knowledge. She would like to attend another one.
— Stephanie G. Parent
July 29, 2018: Our daughter's highlight was the coaches. She loved the coaches and being new to the sport this was important.
— Jean W. Parent
July 23, 2018: She enjoyed the independence of being away from home in college dorms and felt safe. She said her body feels stronger and more powerful just in a week. My daughter loves VB and is very competitive but she is a homebody. So the fact that she wanted to come back this year is a huge compliment to your staff and program. She already plans on coming back next summer which will it make it 3 yrs in a row. Would love to see a two week camp with weekend games!
— Penny C. Parent
Excited every day to learn more!
July 12, 2018: Aside from the fact that she was always excited every day to learn more and improve on playing volleyball at the camp, she enjoyed the games they had at the gym, and swimming in the pool. Whenever we pick her up from the camp, she was very excited to tell us & show us what she had learned. I was really impressed on how much she has improved even if it was only 3 days of camp (overhand serves, passing, spiking).
— Marivic B. Parent
So much fun
July 12, 2018: Our daughter loved Kobi! Her birthday was while she was at camp and all the counselors made it such a special day for her.
— Jessica C. Parent
Brought new skills home!
August 7, 2017: My daughter like the camp activities and have a lot of fun. she improved her skills and was able to bring them back home.
— Sebla K. Parent
July 24, 2017: Food was good. Had great time with other teammates at sleep away camp. Camp kept them busy. Other girls were all very nice.
— William B. Parent
Practiced new skills!
July 18, 2017: She practiced new skills, made friends and was sore every night.
— Eva O. Parent
great new friends!
July 17, 2017: My daughter made friends and after the first day requested to stay for the extended camp.
— Jonnell G. Parent
learned a lot
July 14, 2017: Her coaches at Nike camp taught her things her coach never did.
— Aurora K. Parent
Fun all around camp
July 22, 2015: This camp has fun activities, a trip to the beach, and nice coaches.
— Sandra B. Parent
I really liked this volleyball camp!!! You get to meet new people and the volleyball coaching was excellent and i improved a lot! I would really recommend this camp to others that love the sport of volleyball! I can't wait to go back!
— Camper '14
My daughter loved the camp and the facilities. She improved on her skills and came home loving the every aspect of the camp.
— Parent '14
Nike volleyball camp is probably the only camp that truly helps you improve your skills. I had a really great time!
— Camper '14
My daughter never played volleyball before. She learned so much in a short period of Time. The staff was professional and encouraging. The Soka university accommodations were excellent. Now my daughter wants to play on a team year around.
— Parent '13
Great level of instruction
Nike Volleyball Camps provide an excellent level of instruction and conditioning for players who have decided to commit to improving their skills and getting to the next level. I highly recommend this camp to anyone who has experienced volleyball and now wants to start playing seriously.
— Parent '13
This was a fantastic experience for my daughter! She learned tons and met some great friends! I would highly recommend.
— Parent '13
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.