Nike Volleyball Camp at Spalding University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 volleyball camp in Louisville is designed for athletes looking for an unforgettable volleyball experience that will take their skills to the next level. This camp at Spalding University provides players the opportunity to receive technical training on position, game strategy, and volleyball fundamentals.
Under the instruction of Spalding University Head Coach, Cheneta Robinson, campers can gain valuable experience on each volleyball skill, such as passing, hitting, setting, and blocking, through a variety of drills, games, and 6v6 competition.
- Excellent training facilities
- Coaching instruction from collegiate coaches and players
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camp T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Cheneta Robinson
Coach Robinson enters her first year at the helm of the Spalding volleyball program becoming the second coach in program history.View Cheneta's Bio ⟩
Prior to taking the helm at SU, Robinson served as the top assistant at the University of Evansville where she assisted in coaching, recruiting and academic planning. On the court, Robinson helped recruit and shape multiple Missouri Valley All-Conference selections. In the classroom, the Purple Aces achieved the AVCA Team Academic Award in 2016-17 achieving a 3.3 team GPA, with 50 percent of players making the dean’s list and a 100% graduation rate.
Robinson began coaching as a graduate assistant at VCU under the tutelage head coach Jody Rogers. In her time at VCU, Robinson assisted in recruiting, practice and individual training, video analysis, travel and operations.
Prior to coaching, Robinson had a stellar playing career at the University of Indianapolis where she was a two-time American Volleyball Coaches Association All-American setter, as well as three-time Academic All-GLVC honoree and CoSIDA Academic All-Region selection.
Robinson resides in Louisville with her husband Justin and their daughter Jaley.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 8-11
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JULY 8-11
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Spalding University is located in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, between the business district and Old Louisville.