Nike Volleyball Camp in Houston with Voltra
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This summer volleyball camp in Houston provides expert training for girls with attention to detail, focused drills, and top notch facilities.
Voltra Volleyball Training and Nike Volleyball Camps have teamed up to bring a fun and competitive volleyball camp experience to Texas. Come hone your skills, and leave camp with the greater confidence and increased passion to enjoy volleyball for a lifetime.
- Excellent training facilities and Voltra coaching staff
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- 3 hours of daily volleyball instruction
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Direcetor Karen Morgan
As a player for the Rice Owls’ Varsity Volleyball team, Karen earned her way onto the Rice 1,000 Kill and 1,000 Dig Clubs, several All-Tournament teams, winning Most Improved and Most Valuable Player accolades, and finishing All-American for the Owls.View Karen's Bio ⟩
Upon graduation from Rice, Karen embarked on a coaching career and has coached as an Assistant Volleyball Coach at Episcopal High School, a Head Varsity Volleyball Coach at Incarnate Word, a Milby High School, and is currently the Head Varsity Volleyball Coach and Program director for St. John’s School. In addition, she has over 7 years of club coaching experience and has always finished top 25 in the competitive Lonestar Region. In 2016 she was the first coach to send the second team at her club to nationals and was also named coach of the year.
This year we are offering Half Day Camps for girls in grades 3-12 (ages 7-18). Campers can choose between Beginner and Intermediate/Advanced programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- June 25-29 (Beginner)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is designed for beginner level players in grades 3-8 (ages 7-13). Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is designed for intermediate and advanced players in grades 8-12 (ages 13-18). Campers receive instruction on all volleyball skills - Attacking, Setting, Passing, Defense, Serving, and Blocking in a variety of individual, small group and team settings.
*Please note, the following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
SESSION I: June 25-29
- Geared towards: Beginner players, Grades 3-8, Ages 7-13
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-in: 8:30am on the first day of camp
- Check-out: Graduation is on the last day of camp at 11:30am. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
AM HALF DAY SCHEDULE:
- 9:00-9:15am Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 9:15-11:45am Instruction: Passing, Setting, Serving, Hitting, Defense
- 11:45am-12:00pm Cool down/Stretching
- 12:00pm Campers depart
PM HALF DAY SCHEDULE
- 12:00-12:15pm Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 12:15-3:45pm Instruction: Passing, Setting, Serving, Hitting, Defense
- 3:45-4:00pm Cool down/Stretching
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
January 4, 2017: My daughter is in a club that has a summer break and therefore this is a great alternative to club training. It allows the players to receive fresh insights into their skills and techniques and breaks up the monotony that can occur during long high school and club seasons.
— Tom W. Camper
Learned a lot!
September 17, 2017: Great training! Learned a lot. Coaches watched and taught to improve upon skills. Will definitely go again.
— Cheryl J. Camper
Highly recommend Voltra!
December 22, 2016: My daughter learned drills she can do at home to help for next session. My daughter cannot wait for her next training sessions with Coach Karen and is fully invested in the drills she gives her as 'homework'. So as a dad, I'm super-impressed and highly recommend Voltra and Coach Karen! I also got to see Coach Shelbi work with another player, and training and excellent coaching was evident with her too. So I highly recommend Voltra. I also recommend getting the large package as you will go back and might as well save the $$$ early. Love it!!!!
— Darin B. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.