The College at Brockport Nike Volleyball Camp
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
At our volleyball camp in New York you'll master the fundamentals, develop proper mechanics and gain valuable game play experience.
Every aspect of the game is covered at this summer kids camp in Brockport, giving you a solid foundation to build upon after camp. This program is open to girls of all ability levels, ages 10-18 looking to train, compete, and improve this summer!
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Excellent residential, dining and volleyball facilities
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Steve Pike
Steve was named the women's head volleyball coach at The College at Brockport in April of 2013. In 2014 Brockport finished in the top four in the conference and went to the SUNYAC Semi-Finals for the first time since 2007.View Steve Pike's Bio ⟩
The improvement from last(tenth) to fourth in the conference regular season was the biggest jump in one year in SUNYAC Volleyball History. In 2015, Brockport was 34-2 and undefeated in conference regular season. Brockport won the Conference championship for the first time in 21 years. Brockport won its NCAA first round match. He was named 2015 SUNYAC Coach of the Year and AVCA Northeast Region Coach of the Year. For the previous twelve, years he was the head coach at SUNY Potsdam. During his time at Potsdam, the program was the most successful program on campus. He was named SUNYAC Coach of the Year in 2005. His teams qualified for the postseason tournament in six of those seasons, making it to the ECAC finals for the first time in school history. He has coached the conference rookie of the year twice. In 2010, he took his team to Costa Rica which was the first international trip for volleyball in school history.
Steve has been working with IREVA High Performance Program for eight years, most recently as the associate head coach. He has also been a USA High Performance Coach in the youth, select and future select levels at various camps around the country. In 2014 he was chosen to coach at the USA Holiday Clinic which has the top 48 girls volleyball players in the USA HP Pipeline. He has coached athletes that went onto to compete in Division I, II, III and professionally.
Steve is blessed with his wife Heather, children: Nicholas, Brynn and Griffin.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2017 CAMP DATES (2018 TBA)
- June 25-28
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2017 SESSION SCHEDULE (2018 TBA)
Camp Dates: June 25-28
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at Thompson Hall
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:30am on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Parents are also invited to attend the last training session, which starts at 9:30am on Wedneday.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 2:00-9:00pm, Monday & Tuesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Complete Supervision: Staff members reside in the dorms with Overnight campers and campers are supervised at all times.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
2017 HOUSING (2018 TBA)
- Dorm: Thompson Hall
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: On each floor
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Dorms are air-cooled, a personal fan is optional.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC).
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
- 1:00-2:00pm Check In for camp
- 2:30-4:30pm Practice in Tuttle North
- 5:00-6:00pm Dinner
- 7:00-9:00pm Practice in Tuttle North
- 10:30pm Bed check and lights out
Days II & III
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:30-11:30am Practice in Tuttle North
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 2:00-4:00 Practice in Tuttle North
- 4:30-5:30 Dinner
- 6:00-8:00 Practice in Tuttle North
- 8:15-9:15 Pool
- 10:30 Lights out, bed check
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:30-11:30 Practice in Tuttle North
- 11:30-12:30 Check out
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is a four-year liberal arts college in Brockport, Monroe County, New York near Rochester.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Easy for kids to learn
The camp staff is great in providing a teaching environment first, and then incorporating competition, which makes it easier for kids to learn.
— Audra H. Parent of Camper 7/6/16
Loved the camp
My daughter can't stop talking about the camp and tells everyone she knows how great it was. She is looking forward to attending next year.
— Hannah C. Parent of a Camper 7/12/15
At this camp I learned new serves, techniques when passing, and much more. But most importantly I met other people who loved playing volleyball and a great staff who loved teaching it to us.
— Sydney G. Camper 7/10/15
Help with proper techniques
The camp is very good at teaching proper technique and correcting it on a person to person status. So everyone gets what they need to improve.
— Tara M. Camper 7/7/15
The SUNY Brockport VB camp experience was top notch! The coaching staff was well known in the volleyball arena and lived up to their reputations. The alumni players/assistant coaches participated in training and raised the level of play 10 fold. Skills training (my daughter is a setter, every position was trained) offered tips and practice techniques that will carry well into the future. There was camaraderie between players with players, and players with coaches/assistant coaches that was noticeable during the parent watch session at the end of the camp. Overall this camp was one of the best (possibly the number one) camp my daughter has attended in her four years of playing vb and attending camps!
— Parent of a Brockport Camper '14
I would highly recommend this camp to campers old and young as there is instruction for both beginners and advanced players. The camp is very hands on and all parts of play are highlighted. Coaches pay close attention to detail and always make sure campers are having fun as well as learning the skills needed to improve and succeed in future volleyball experiences.
— Parent of a Brockport Camper '14
See you next year!
Excellent camp. Positive environment for us to work on skill development and make friends. See you next year!
— Brockport Camper '14
The camp was SPECTACULAR and they really helped me improve my skills!!!
— Brockport Camper '14
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.