UC Santa Cruz Boys Nike Volleyball Camp
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
At this summer volleyball camp in Santa Cruz located just 35 miles from San Jose, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game in young athletes by showing them how to accelerate their own progress and success.
The UC Santa Cruz coaching staff completely immerses you in the sport, giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement.
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Trip to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Director Josh Davis
Our camp director for Session I and Session II, Joshua Davis, begins his second year as a college head coach. Davis joins the Banana Slugs as one of the top young coaches in the country, after one year as an assistant at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps under Kurt Vlasich.View Josh Davis's Bio ⟩
The Sioux Falls, SD native played collegiately at Calvin College in Michigan, earning a bachelor's in Kinesiology and Sports Management.
He started his college coaching career at his Alma Mater, serving as a volunteer assistant under Amber Warners as the Knights won the 2013 women's Division III championship. He then moved to California, serving a year at Occidental before moving to CMS.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for boys of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 16-20
This camp is open to boys, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 16-20
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:30pm on Monday
- Check-out: 11:00am-11:30am on Friday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday 1:00pm-9:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-11:30am
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Extra Activities: Campers travel via University buses to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk one evening during the week. The entire coaching staff attends and supervises the campers. *Permission form required!
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Gym
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: Porter Res Hall A
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared on each floor
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and towel
- Air Conditioning: No
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airports to campus are San Jose International Airport (SJC) and San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower
- 8:00am-9:00pm Breakfast
- 9:00-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-1:00pm Lunch and free time
- 1:30-4:00pm Training Session II
- 4:30-6:00pm Dinner and rest
- 7:00-9:00pm Open Gym/ Evening Activities
- 10:30 Lights out
UC Santa Cruz is located 75 miles south of San Francisco at the edge of the coastal community of Santa Cruz, the campus lies on 2,001 acres of rolling, forested hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Monterey Bay.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.