Loyola University New Orleans Volleyball Camp
Improve your game and have serious fun
at USSC Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball camp in New Orleans at Loyola University New Orleans provides girls of all skill levels, the opportunity to improve their skills and have serious fun.
The All Skills program at this volleyball camp in Louisiana is designed to help players develop athletically and gain confidence, on and off the court. Under the guidance of Head Coach Jesse Zabal, campers will learn top training techniques used by college players and leave with a better understand of the game.
- Instruction from LOYNO coaches and players
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with low staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive t-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jesse Zabal
Jesse Zabal is currently in her second season with the Loyola University Wolf Pack, after completing her first season at the helm of the volleyball team in 2017. She helped guide Loyola to 18 wins on the season, the most for the program since 2012.View Jesse's Bio ⟩
Seven members of Zabal's inaugural roster earned SSAC postseason honors, led by Tylar Beckham's selection to the All-SSAC First Team.
Zabal comes to New Orleans after spending the last four years as a head coach in the Alliance Volleyball Club in Franklin, Tennessee. Zabal led Alliance to a 31-7 overall record over the past two years, including two tournament titles. Since 2012, Zabal had 67 student-athletes commit to play college volleyball and secured 22 more commitments through 2019.
Before taking the reins at Alliance, Zabal was an assistant coach at her alma mater Maryville College in Maryville, Tennessee. In her three seasons at Maryville, she helped the Fighting Scots to two Great South Athletic Conference Titles (2009, 2011) and two appearances in the NCAA Division III National Tournament. Zabal's teams featured two GSAC Player of the Year recipients, 12 All-Conference selections, and an impressive 22 All-Academic Team members. Acting as both a second assistant and a top assistant throughout her time at Maryville, Zabal helped lead the Fighting Scots to a 76-26 overall record, highlighted by a 29-win season in 2009-10.
Maryville head coach Kandis Schram both worked with and coached Zabal at Maryville and credited Jesse as being an integral part of the Fighting Scots success over the years.
"Jesse is a remarkable young woman," Schram commented. "She was always a student of the game who strived to not only do her best but to elevate the play of those she played with. Regardless if it was running an offense, breaking down the defensive scheme or working on team building activities, Jesse was an integral part of our success."
As a player, Zabal was a standout for the Fighting Scots, helping lead the team to a 104-38 overall record throughout her four seasons. Maryville won four GSAC Tournament Championships during her tenure and qualified for the NCAA DIII National Tournament twice. Zabal was a two-time GSAC All-Academic Team selection at Maryville and she finished her career with 424 total kills in 326 sets played.
Zabal graduated from Maryville with a B.A. in Child Development and Learning in 2008 before receiving a master's degree in Human Development and Counseling from Vanderbilt University in May 2015.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls of all ability levels. Click "See More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 19-21
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is designed for players, ages 10-18, of all levels. Here campers will master the fundamentals, develop proper mechanics, and gain valuable game play experience. Campers get a jump-start with their volleyball skills and work on a solid base to build upon after camp and advanced level players will receive training in the latest techniques and take part in competitive game like scrimmages.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: July 19-21
- Check-in: 10:30am on Friday, July 19th
- Check-out: 4:30pm on Sunday, July 21st
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Friday: 10:30am-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-4:30pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own.
- All campers receieve a camp t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own knee-pads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
US Sports Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Note: US Sports Camps, Inc. and Nike, Inc. are not sponsors, co-sponsors, owners or operators of the Loyola New Orleans Volleyball Camps. The Loyola New Orleans Volleyball Camps are owned and operated by Loyola New Orleans. US Sports Camps, Inc. is a marketing and registration service for these camps and it and Nike have no control over the operation of the camps or the acts or omissions of Loyola New Orleans. Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
Loyola University New Orleans sits on 4 acres on historic oak-lined St. Charles Avenue in Uptown New Orleans; directly across from Audubon Park and Audubon Zoo, with expansive green space and lagoons, golf course, tennis courts and riding stables; 20 minutes from the French Quarter and downtown New Orleans.