Nike 5meter Tacoma Water Polo Clinic
Improve Your Skills and Have Serious Fun
at Nike 5Meter Water Polo Camps
USSC has partnered with USA Water Polo Olympian Genai Kerr in offering a Nike 5meter Water Polo Camp this coming March. Instruction takes place at Lakes High School.
Designed by the top coaches and athletes in the country, Nike 5meter Water Polo Camps provide in-water instruction to make an immediate impact on an athlete’s game. Young athletes will have the opportunity to learn first hand how Olympic Athletes train, meet their nutritional needs, and balance their lives.
- Co-ed camp open to all ability levels
- Superior instruction from USA Olympians and College Coaches
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Position Specific Training for Drivers, Shooters, Goalies & 2 Meter Offense & Defense
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Genai Kerr
Genai Kerr is a USA Water Polo Olympian, coach, mentor, and true ambassador of the sport. Genai was a member of the United States Men's National Water Polo Team for 12 years and played in the 2004 Athens Olympics, 2003 & 2007 Pan American Gold Medal games, and multiple World Championships.View Genai Kerr's Bio & Water Polo Tips ⟩
He is one of the only athletes in history to compete internationally as a goalie and as a field player. Most recently he was named MVP of the 2012 US Open after he helped Newport Water Polo Foundation win the national championship. Genai has coached at every level, from age group to Division 1 college programs. Over the last 15 years he has run hundreds of camps and impacted thousands of lives.
Surprisingly, Genai got involved in water polo by accident, following the whistles to what he thought was a basketball game and ended up at the pool. He excelled at both water polo and basketball at Coronado High School and received a water polo scholarship to UC Irvine to play under Coach Ted Newland. Genai went on to become a NCAA All-American in 1998 and 1999 and was awarded Big West Conference Male Scholar Athlete of the Year his senior year.
Genai remains active in his community and has become a great role model for aspiring water polo players. He has been a US Ambassador for the USADA (U.S. Antidoping Agency) since 2003 promoting clean sports for young athletes. He was a founding faculty member of the Sage Hill School where he was the Dean of Students, taught art and physical education, and started the aquatic programs. Genai has also created several community outreach programs to help mentor children in lower income households.
USA National Team
- 2012 US Open, Irvine, California, 1st Place - MVP
- 2010 Volvo Cup, Hungary, 3rd place
- 2009 FINA World Championships, Rome, Italy, 4th place
- 2009 FINA World League Super Final, Podgorica, Montenegro, 4th place
- 2007 FINA World League Super Finals, Berlin, Germany 5th place
- 2007 Pan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1st place
- 2007 FINA World Championships, Melbourne, Australia, 9th place
- 2006 ASUA Cup, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1st place
- 2006 FINA World League Super Finals, Athens, Greece, 5th place
- 2004 Olympic Games, Athens, Greece, 7th place
- 2003 FINA World League Super Finals, New York, NY, 3rd place
- 2003 Pan American Games, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1st place
- 2003 FINA World Championships, Barcelona, Spain, 6th place
- 2003 U.S. Cup, Stanford, CA, United States, 2nd place
- 2002 FINA World Cup, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 7th place
- 2001 FINA World Championships, Fukuoka, Japan, 7th place
- 2001 World Championships Qualifier, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1st place
- 1998 First Appearance on the Men’s National Team, Long Beach, CA
- 1995 Jr. North American Games, Calgary, Canada, 2nd place
5meter Water Polo Camps and Clinics provide the highest level of individualized coaching for aspiring water polo athletes. Whether you are learning the rules of water polo and how to eggbeater or preparing for college level competition, we have the best water polo camp for you. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other players having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Saturday, March 3rd
- Check-in takes place at 9:00 am on Saturday
- Camp will conclude at 4:00 pm
- Campers should come dressed and ready to play
- High School and Age Group Athletes
- Designed to focus on the FUNdamentals of water polo
- Please bring a healthy lunch and snacks
Lakes High School Indoor Pool
Campers will train at the Lakes High School Indoor Pool. The clinic is designed to learn individual skills, fundamentals and team strategies. We then combine all skills and apply them in game situations.
Camps or clinics are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
March 10, 2017: Thank you Genai this has been the first clinic of this level to come to our area. I hope this is the first of many great clinics and camps to come. My son really enjoyed the one to one training that you gave him. I hope you felt their appreciation. You saw three of the great treasures of our state, great athletes, strong work ethic and snow. You taught them, challenged them and inspired them. We hope to see you again soon.
— Brandon C. Camper
March 10, 2017: Thank you for putting on this camp. My son has not stopped talking about all the cool things he learned. He is also very sore from the many great exercises he learned. He can't wait to teach the rest of his team the many new drills and skills learned. Hope to return again soon.
— Jan P. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.