Nike 5meter Houston Water Polo Clinic
Improve Your Skills and Have Serious Fun
at Nike 5Meter Water Polo Camps
Strake Jesuit High School and Nike 5meter have partnered to host a Nike 5meter Water Polo Clinic in October. Each session will be instructed by USA Olympian Genai Kerr.
Designed by the top coaches and athletes in the country, 5meter Nike Water Polo Camps provide in-water instruction to make an immediate impact on an athlete’s game. Young athletes will have the opportunity to learn first hand how Olympic Athletes train, meet their nutritional needs, and balance their lives.
Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other players having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
- Superior instruction from USA Olympians and College Coaches
- In-water instruction for position specific skills
- Team offensive and defensive strategies
- Water Polo Dryland Training
- Health, Nutrition & Goal Setting Seminar
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Genai Kerr
Genai Kerr is a USA Water Polo Olympian, coach, mentor, and true ambassador of the sport. Genai was a member of the United States Men's National Water Polo Team for 12 years and played in the 2004 Athens Olympics, 2003 & 2007 Pan American Gold Medal games, and multiple World Championships.View Genai Kerr's Bio ⟩
He is one of the only athletes in history to compete internationally as a goalie and as a field player. Most recently he was named MVP of the 2012 US Open after he helped Newport Water Polo Foundation win the national championship. Genai has coached at every level, from age group to Division 1 college programs. Over the last 15 years he has run hundreds of camps and impacted thousands of lives.
Surprisingly, Genai got involved in water polo by accident, following the whistles to what he thought was a basketball game and ended up at the pool. He excelled at both water polo and basketball at Coronado High School and received a water polo scholarship to UC Irvine to play under Coach Ted Newland. Genai went on to become a NCAA All-American in 1998 and 1999 and was awarded Big West Conference Male Scholar Athlete of the Year his senior year.
Genai remains active in his community and has become a great role model for aspiring water polo players. He has been a US Ambassador for the USADA (U.S. Antidoping Agency) since 2003 promoting clean sports for young athletes. He was a founding faculty member of the Sage Hill School where he was the Dean of Students, taught art and physical education, and started the aquatic programs. Genai has also created several community outreach programs to help mentor children in lower income households.
USA National Team
- 2012 US Open, Irvine, California, 1st Place - MVP
- 2010 Volvo Cup, Hungary, 3rd place
- 2009 FINA World Championships, Rome, Italy, 4th place
- 2009 FINA World League Super Final, Podgorica, Montenegro, 4th place
- 2007 FINA World League Super Finals, Berlin, Germany 5th place
- 2007 Pan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1st place
- 2007 FINA World Championships, Melbourne, Australia, 9th place
- 2006 ASUA Cup, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1st place
- 2006 FINA World League Super Finals, Athens, Greece, 5th place
- 2004 Olympic Games, Athens, Greece, 7th place
- 2003 FINA World League Super Finals, New York, NY, 3rd place
- 2003 Pan American Games, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1st place
- 2003 FINA World Championships, Barcelona, Spain, 6th place
- 2003 U.S. Cup, Stanford, CA, United States, 2nd place
- 2002 FINA World Cup, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 7th place
- 2001 FINA World Championships, Fukuoka, Japan, 7th place
- 2001 World Championships Qualifier, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1st place
- 1998 First Appearance on the Men’s National Team, Long Beach, CA
- 1995 Jr. North American Games, Calgary, Canada, 2nd place
• Camp runs 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
Show Less See More Camp Details
Check-in takes place at 9:00am on Saturday, Octoner 18th at the Strake Jesuit High School Pool.
There will be a closing ceremony at 3:45pm.
♦ All campers should arrive at registration time dressed to play
♦ Camp begines at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm
♦ Please bring a healthy lunch and snacks
Strake Jesuit High School
1). This camp is open to any and all entrants. 2). Drugs, alchohol and smoking are strictly prohibited and constitute grounds for immediate dismissal from camp. 3). For your safety and benefit, we recommend that you choose a camp that fits your particular skills and level of development.
Camp Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Please join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.