Nike Water Polo Camp at St. Ignatius College Preparatory
2023 Dates Completed!
Work on water polo fundamentals and get better in summer 2023 with St. Ignatius Water Polo Coaches! This popular Bay Area Camp is giving players of any skill level the opportunity to work on improving strength and conditioning, team play skills, and fundamentals.
The focus of the Skills Camp will be in-water instruction on the fundamentals of the game. Fundamental passing, shooting, team and individual defense along with tactical discipline and individual aspects of the game will be discussed.
- Coed camp for ages 10-14
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Camp Director TBA
Camp Director to be announced soon!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 12-16 & June 20-23 **Please note June 19 is off for the holiday
- Age Group: 9-13
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Half Day Camp
- Schedule: 1:00pm-4:00pm Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 12:30-1:00pm at the St. Ignatius campus
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Program: The Skills program is designed to provide youth water polo players with the fundamentals, latest drills, in-water scrimmages and position specific training (Divers, Shooters, Goalies and 2 Meter Offense & Defense) essential for improvement. The goal is for campers to come home with experiences that enrich both the quality of their play and their life through a better understanding and greater appreciation for sport, as well as more developed techniques and a heightened level of self-confidence.
St. Ignatius College Preparatory
2001 37th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
Click Here for Directions
Monday thru Friday
- Check-in Day 1: 12:30-1:00pm at the St. Ignatius campus
- Check-in Day 2, 3, 4 & 5: 12:45-1:00pm at the St. Ignatius campus
- Check-out: 4:00pm each day
There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to drop off and pick up your child on time.
Lunch is NOT provided each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Water Polo Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water polo suit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Herbst Natatorium located on the St. Ignatius College Preparatory School campus
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Dryland Training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- Water Polo Suit
- Swim Cap
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/Flip Flops
- Water Bottle
- Healthy Lunch and Snack each day
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
Herbst Natatorium at St. Ignatius College Preparatory
The Herbst Natatorium, with its eight-lane pool built in 1994, has offered students the opportunity to swim for PE classes or just for fun. They can also compete on the swimming and diving teams or on the water polo teams or serve as instructors and lifeguards for swim classes offered in the summers and on weekends. Neighbors may also use the pool for recreational and competitive swimming. Aquatics Director Diane Davis and several of her friends once competed against (and beat!) a team of Navy Seals in a swim from the Golden Gate to Emeryville in the Bay.
Great basketball skill development program
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.