Nike Basketball Camp Saint Anselm College Manchester, New Hampshire
US Sports Camps is proud to team with A Step Ahead for the eighth consecutive summer to offer another Nike Basketball Camp in Manchester, NH. ASA Founder Brendan Smith is back with us for another year as director of the basketball camps.
A Step Ahead (ASA) Basketball camps are designed for the player looking to improve his or her game. Our camp schedule is a healthy balance of learning and enjoyment while always maintaining a competitive environment. Coaches will push and motivate campers throughout the week to improve their skills and basketball IQ. While we do recognize the value of scrimmaging as well as free time, we also pride ourselves in teaching the game of basketball. Drill stations, full court drills, offensive/defensive technique, and positional moves are all important points of emphasis with the ASA staff. Campers are expected to work hard and be receptive to coaching. For those looking to stay “A Step Ahead” on the basketball court this is the perfect camp for you.
- Superior instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt
- NIKE Camp workbook and other great NIKE prizes
Located in Manchester, NH on the campus of St. Anselm, we are excited to offer one fun-filled week. The camp will be held at the Stoutenburgh Gymnasium - home to men's and women's basketball since 1960.Meet your coaching staff
Long time Director Brendan Smith will host our complete skills camp this summer in Manchester, New Hampshire. Coach Smith is the boys' varsity basketball coach at Boston Latin School as well as the Owner and Director of A Step Ahead Incorporated.Read Full Bio
During his first six years as coach, Smith has lead the Wolfpack to almost 80 victories, two DCL Championships, and five tournament births. This past season Smith guided Latin school to a 17-6 record that included 10 straight wins. In the winter of 2009, Smith was named the Head Coach for the Boys Metro 11/12th grade team in the Bay State Games. In his two years as Head Coach for team Metro Smith went 8-3 in the Tournaments and won the gold in 2009. Smith has previously coached men's college basketball at Mt. Ida College, and high school basketball at Newton North High School. Most recently, Smith successfully completed both the written and floor exams of referee school to join the referee fraternity and became a member of Board 27. He earned his undergraduate degree in Human Performance & Fitness at Umass Boston and received his Masters of Education degree from Cambridge College.
Camp Code: BKXDNH
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00AM - 9:15 AM Stretch / Warm Up
- 9:15AM - 9:25 AM Form Shooting
- 9:25AM - 9:45AM Dribble Series
- 9:45AM- 10:15AM Drill Stations
- 10:15AM– 10:20AM Water Break / Free Shoot
- 10:20AM – 10:35AM Full Court Drills / Partner Drills
- 10:35AM – 11:10AM 3 v 3 Games
- 11:10AM – 11:20AM Water Break / 10 Free Throws
- 11:20AM – 12:00PM Full Court Scrimmages
- 12:00PM – 12:30PM Lunch
- 12:30PM – 12:45PM 10 Free Throws / Free Shoot
- 12:45PM – 1:05PM Shooting Games
- 1:05PM – 1:20PM 1 v 1 Drills
- 1:20PM: - 1:55PM 1 v 1 Games
- 1:55PM – 2:00PM Water Break / Free Shoot
- 2:00PM – 2:45PM Full Court Scrimmages
- 2:45PM – 2:55PM Daily summary / Camper of Day
- 2:55PM – 3:00PM Dismissal
Session I check-in Monday, June 23rd at 8:30AM
Camp Hours are: MON-FRI 9AM-3PM
Session I closing ceremony: Friday, June 27th at 2:30PM.
Parents are invited to attend! Departure: 3PM Immediately following the closing ceremony.
- Lunch is not included. Please bring your own lunch. We will also have a concession stand open for lunch and drink purchases.
- We recommend that 7-8 year olds have prior basketball experience.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.Read camper reviews