Nike Basketball Camp St. Georges High School Middletown, Delaware
US Sports Camps and Nike Basketball Camps are thrilled to welcome Coach Rod Griffin to the Nike Basketball Camp Family. This is a complete skills camp and campers will focus on skill development, teamwork, and fundamentals in the game of basketball.
As the Director of our Nike Basketball Camps in Middletown Delaware, Rod brings passion, an infectious enthusiasm, love of the game, years of experience and a wealth of knowledge to our camp network. Rod will direct this summer's camps (June 23-27) and (August 11-15) for players ages 9-16. The Nike Basketball Camp will be held at St Georges Tech in Middletown DE -- featuring intense, individual skill improvement, develop teamwork, in a fun and encouraging basketball camp environment.
- Talented staff of coaches eager to teach and reinforce basketball fundamentals
- Wide range of skill development drills
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Discussion of nutritional goals and off-court activities to benefit on-court game
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt
- NIKE Camp workbook and other NIKE prizes
• Current Head Coach Varsity Boys Basketball St. Georges Tech, 5th year
• Over 12 years head coaching experience
• Previous Director of fundamental skill development camps and exposure events
• St. Georges Tech advanced to the 2012 State Tournament Elite 8
• Founder, Diamond State Titans AAU Boys Basketball Program
• Board of Directors, Middle Atlantic District AAU Boys Basketball
• A former college professor, Coach Griffin believes Community service and education are the foundation to success
• His favorite sayings: You can never ask anything from your community, unless, You first give back to the community.
• Work Hard, Be Great!
Camp Code: BKXDDE
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00-9:15 Morning Stretch / Attendance
- 9:15 - 9:30 Dribble Series
- 9:30 - 9:45 Full Court Drills
- 9:45 - 10:15 Drill Stations
- 10:15 - 11:00 3 on 3
- 11:00 - 11:45 Full court games
- 11:45 - 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:15 Free Throw, Two Ball, 1 on 1
- 1:15 – 2:00 Offensive and Defensive team Drills
- 2:00 – 2:50 Full Court Games
- 2:50 – 3:00 “Camper of the day award” and Dismissal
We recommend that 7-8 year olds have prior basketball experience.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. The State of Massachusetts requires a copy of camp participants’ most recent physical and record of immunizations, shots, etc., in addition to the US Sports Camps health and release form.