Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Park City Park City, Utah
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps is proud to offer an advanced golf camp at Homestead Resort in Park City, UT. The camp is open to competitive boys and girls, ages 12 - 18, looking to take their game to new heights.
The Nike Advanced Golf Camp offers competitive junior golfers a unique opportunity to play some of the best golf courses in America, greatly improve their skills and learn valuable lessons about tournament and college golf. Mornings are spent in small group and individual instruction at a 4:1 ratio, with an emphasis on fine-tuning existing swings and developing more consistency. Course play takes place each afternoon where instruction continues under real playing conditions in a tournament setting.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio of approximately 4:1 with nationally recognized PGA professional Devin Dehlin
- Course play with staff (18 holes daily) at Homestead Resort, Wasatch Mountain Golf Course and Soldier Hollow
- Round-table discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf
- Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
The Homestead Golf Course was designed by PGA Senior Tour Professional Bruce Summerhayes. This spectacular course winds through the surrounding Snake Creek Valley and Wasatch Mountains. The course, located only 20 minutes from Park City, is a par 72 course measuring 7,017 yards from the back tees and plays 5,091 yards from the forward tees.Meet your coaching staff
Devin Dehlin is currently the Director of the Utah Section PGA's Junior Foundation. Devin has been a PGA Professional for over twenty years. Devin served as the Utah PGA President and has won numerous awards as a member of the Utah Section PGA. Devin developed and currently runs the Utah Junior Golf Connection. The Utah Junior Golf Connection develops kids from beginners to the collegiate level. We have created a road map to get them where they want to go with their golf game. Devin has had great success with his students by developing a plan that is individually tailored to their needs. No two swings are alike, so we must find the best plan to maximize the results for each player.
Nike camp staffs are generally comprised of other teaching and touring professionals, college coaches, renowned high school coaches and former/current college players who serve as camp counselors.
Nike Advanced Golf camps are golf-intensive and create the ideal environment for the advanced player ready to take their game to the next level. The Advanced camp seminars provide the aspiring junior golfer the opportunity to receive information about tournament preparation and college golf recruitment and success. Campers will hear first hand accounts of how members of our staff established themselves throughout various stages of their development. The importance of goal setting, time management, and hard work will be stressed as these are key elements to attaining success in golf and life. Campers are highly encouraged to attend these sessions with questions as the seminars are designed to be interactive and conversational in nature.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:00am Daily discussion at practice facility and skills demonstrations from staff covering each facet of the game
- 9:00am Instruction - station rotation, putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch, relaxation
- 1:00pm Course play with staff (18 holes). Tournament setting with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, relaxation
- 7:30pm Evening session – roundtable discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf. Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- 10:00pm Lights out
- *Hours/schedule may vary by location
- The Overnight camp fee includes golf instruction, green fees, housing and all meals. Does not include extra spending money.
- The Extended Day fee includes all the above except lodging and breakfast.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.