Nike Golf Camps, Arcadia Golf Course Arcadia, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps in Southern California is back in 2014 and Arcadia Golf Course is offering two different programs accommodating all skill levels. Camp Director, Rich Carlson, and our staff of PGA Professionals look forward to working with junior golfers in a fun, supportive atmosphere.
Full Day Camps
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. The students in the full day camp enjoy three hours of instruction each morning. This instruction works on all facets of the game and prepares the junior player for the challenges of the course. After a lunch, it’s off to the first tee! Full Day Camps at Arcadia are designed to create complete golfers and raise their game to the next level while having fun!
Half Day Camps
The camps run Monday to Friday and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills with our dedicated staff. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from experienced teaching professionals
- Daily course play with the staff (Full Day Camp only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
Rich has been involved with the Nike Golf Schools and Junior Camps since 2002. He has been director for 6 years. Rich is a certified golf fitness instructor and teaches beginners, novice and junior tournament golfers. The camp staff consists of tournament quality players with a mix of teaching pros and other players.
Arcadia Golf Course
Arcadia Golf Course, located just east of downtown Los Angeles in Arcadia, CA is an 18 hole Par 3 course measuring 1,947 yards that is great for beginners and players looking to practice their short game. The golf course is located close to the Santa Anita Race Track at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains and has been the hidden treasure of Arcadia since 1962.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in camp price, day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, strategy, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart