Nike Golf Camps, Fresh Meadow Golf Club Hillside, Illinois
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Enroll in Nike Golf Camp at Fresh Meadow this summer and see why thousands of golfers have attended this junior golf camp in Hillside, IL. These programs have been providing junior golfers top-notch golf instruction for over a decade and we look forward to another great year in 2014!
Full Day Camp
These camps are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7-17. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Golf Junior Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. The camps run Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Under the watchful eye of the staff, every morning for three hours campers practice all aspects of their games- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and afternoon course play.
Half Day Camp
Our half day programs are designed to create interest and foster development in beginner and intermediate golfers. The camps run Monday to Friday 9am-12pm and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Instruction from dedicated golf professionals with low student/teacher ratio
- Three hours of practice with the Nike camp staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily on-course instruction with the staff (full day camps only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Jake is the assistant general manager and lead instructor at the Fresh Meadow Golf Club Learning Center. Jake was personally trained by Dr. Jim Suttie (#1 teacher in Illinois, top-10 in US) and has worked/assited with many PGA, Nationwide, LPGA, Futures, Hooters, Gateway tour players while at the Suttie Golf Academies.
In addition to his coaching credentials, Jake played on various mini tours, most notably the Hooters and Golden Bear Tours (2003-'06). He also has many top finishes in Illinois PGA Section ('03-'08) and was a pre-qualifier at the Western Open ('06).
Assisting Jake this summer will be Fresh Meadow teaching professionals Dan Howe (Class A PGA professional), and Jay Miller (22 years of coaching experience). Craig Young will also help Jake this year and brings over 30 years of coaching experience to the Nike Golf Camp.
Fresh Meadow Golf Club
Fresh Meadow Golf Club is the closest 18-Hole Daily Fee golf course west of Downtown Chicago. Fresh Meadow Golf Club is an 18-Hole Championship layout. The course is Parkland in style with water in play on four holes in addition to 34 greenside bunkers. The greens are push-up style, fairly large and sloped making this a challenging, yet enjoyable course for golfers.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in camp price, half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart