Nike Golf Camps, Legacy Golf Links Smyrna, Georgia
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps outside of Atlanta are hosted by Legacy Golf Links. Complete with a full practice facility, Legacy is an ideal location for golf instruction. We are offering two different length programs to accommodate all junior golfers, regardless of skill level.
Full Day Camp
Full Day Camps at Legacy Links run Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Every morning for three hours, the campers practice all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then 9-holes with on-course instruction. The camp has a low camper per instructor ratio of approximately 6:1 to ensure every camper receives attention from the staff.
Half Day Camp
Half Day Camps run Monday thru Friday from 9:00am-Noon and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills with the Nike golf camp staff, made up of PGA and LPGA professionals. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from recognized and dedicated golf professionals
- Three hours of practice with our experienced staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily course play with staff supervision (full day camps only)
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
J.R. began his pro golf career in 1984 after completing 2 years of college golf. J.R has been a PGA member since 1989 and has studied the techniques of teaching under the finest PGA professionals in the country.
For 10 years J.R. served as Head Golf Pro and Director of Golf at Chateau Elan. He has served for a number of years as Director of Instruction for the Nike Golf Learning Centers. J.R. was nominated for Georgia PGA Teacher of The Year. He is the co host on Golf Fore Georgia Radio on 1160 AM. J.R. is a member of the PGA Presidents Council on Growing the Game. He is a PING certified club fitter. J.R has given over 10,000 lessons to players of all abilities. J.R. regularly competes in Georgia PGA events.
Legacy Links Golf Course
Legacy Links was designed by Larry Nelson, former PGA player and Georgia native. Legacy is a par 58 executive golf course tucked in between towering Georgia Pines in the city of Smyrna. The course features Bermuda grass fairways and Brand New Champion Bermuda grass greens. Legacy offers a quick but challenging round of golf for golfers of all playing abilities.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Check-in occurs between 8:45-9:00am on the first day of camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in camp price, half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart