Nike Golf Camps, Peacock Gap Golf Club San Rafael, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps in Marin are hosted at Peacock Gap which is located just a few minutes from San Pablo Bay in San Rafael. The facilities include a recently renovated practice facility which makes it an ideal location for a Nike Golf Camp. Sonoma State Head Coach and Camp Director, Val Verhunce, looks forward to another great summer in 2014.
Full Day Camps 9:00am-4:00pm
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. The students enjoy three hours of instruction each morning and work on all facets of the game to prepares the junior player for the challenges of the course. After a lunch it’s off to the first tee. During course play professionals teach strategy, etiquette and course management. The Full Day Camp is designed to create complete golfers and raise their game to the next level.
Half Day Camps 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00-4:00pm
Half Day campers will receive three hours of instruction each day on all different aspects of the game, including putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. These are great camps for anyone who wants to improve.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from Sonoma State Head Coach, Val Verhunce, and his staff
- Daily course play with the staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette (Full Day and Advanced Camp only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
Camp Director, Val Verhunce begins his seventh season as Sonoma State's men's golf coach. A PGA Professional with 20+ years of experience and a Class 'A' member of the Professional Golfers Association of America, Verhunce has supported golfers in realizing their goals along with providing them with a high level of motivation.
Peacock Gap Golf Course
Classic golf course architecture is defined by fairways that invite but challenge and greens that creep beyond where the player thinks they end. This is the intrigue of classic golf and the foundation of Peacock Gap Golf Course. Sheltered from the fog and blessed with sunny weather, this corner of Marin County provides a terrific environment for a great round of golf.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in camp price, day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart