Nike Golf Camps, Skippack Golf Club Skippack, Pennsylvania
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Junior Golf Camps in Skippack, PA are back for another great summer in 2014! This will be the 14th year that Darryl Lock, PGA Professional, and his assistant professional, Tim Astheimer, have conducted Nike Golf Camps and they are poised for another fantastic summer of youth golf camps!
More than 700 different campers have gone through the program at Skippack with 35% returning for additional camps. In addition to a high percentage of return campers, Skippack’s camps have one of the highest number of campers in the Nike US Sports Camps network, while still maintaining a low student to instructor ratio. Darryl and Tim always emphasize that their students should have fun playing this great game while giving them the skills and knowledge to improve their play.
Full Day Camp
Full Day Camps at Skippack Golf Club run Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Every morning for three hours, the campers practice all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then 9-holes with on-course instruction. The camp has a low camper per instructor ratio to ensure every camper receives attention from the staff.
Half Day Camp
Half Day Camps run Monday thru Friday from 9:00am-Noon and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills with the Nike golf camp staff, made up of PGA and LPGA professionals. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Small group instruction from recognized and dedicated golf professionals
- Three hours of practice with Darryl Lock and his staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily on-course instruction (full day camps only)
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Darryl is a member of the Professional Golfers Association and has been teaching the game of golf for over 15 years. From 1992 to 2001 he was owner/operator of Kimaquan Golf Club and Kimaquan School of Golf located in northeastern Pennsylvania. In 2002 he became Head Golf Professional and Director of Instruction of the Nike Golf Camp at Skippack Golf Club.
For over ten years now with the Nike Golf Camps, Darryl has introduced over 700 junior golfers to the game. Darryl is currently the Head Golf Professional and Director of Instruction of Darryl Lock's Golf Academy at Skippack Golf Club.
Skippack Golf Club
The beautiful wooded and hilly terrain of Evansburg State Park provides the perfect setting for this gem of a golf course. A challenging layout and an abundance of natural hazards place a premium on accuracy. Skippack's range and practice facilities offer campers the perfect opportunity to work with the staff to sharpen their fundamentals and hone their game.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in camp price, half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
- *Camp hours will vary by location
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.