Nike Golf Camps, Sugarloaf Resort Carrabassett Valley, Maine
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
The Sugarloaf Golf Club is proud to host Maine's only location for Nike Golf Camps. These camps provide up and coming young golfers with the tools to excel in the sport of golf for a lifetime. The Nike Golf Camps, Sugarloaf incorporate PGA instruction, course play, and evening activities. These camps offer a healthy blend of time on the course and time spent relaxing and socializing with other campers.
Sugarloaf Resort is located in beautiful Carrabassett Valley in Maine's Western mountains. Sugarloaf’s 18-hole course, a rugged par 72 championship layout, offers challenging mountain golf in a truly awe-inspiring setting.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from nationally recognized PGA professionals
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Daily course play with staff
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike water bottle and other great prizes
- Fun, supervised off-course activities
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
The awe-inspiring 18-holes that make up the Sugarloaf Golf Club & Golf School have proven, for so many golfers, an unforgettable experience. An experience punctuated by the rugged, demanding terrain that is the hallmark of mountain golf. Course designer Robert Trent Jones Jr. calls it, “one of the most spectacular courses I’ve ever been associated with.”
Top 100 of America's Greatest Golf Courses
-Golf Digest, 2003-2005
#1 course in Maine every year since 1985
Top 100 Courses You Can Play
-Golf Magazine, 2004
Sugarloaf’s Head Golf Pro, Abby Spector, serves as the Nike Golf Camp Director. Abby is a Maine Golf Hall of Fame Inductee (2007) who has enjoyed a successful career in golf. She is the seven-time Women’s Maine State Amateur Golf Champion and the 2001 New England Women’s Amateur Golf Champion. Abby attended the University of North Carolina as a four-year golf athlete and has been a teaching pro at The Balsams (New Hampshire), Miacomet Golf Club (Massachusetts), The Country Club (Massachusetts) and The Gasparilla Inn and Club (Florida). The camp coaching will be supported by the staff of certified teaching professions at Sugarloaf.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Sugarloaf offer each junior golfer the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of their starting point. Coach Spector and his staff offer a positive and fun learning environment, one in which campers can thrive under the direction of motivated and highly skilled instructors. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Students will be staying at the nearby Sugarloaf Hotel. Check-in from 1:00 - 2:00pm on Sunday. Graduation at 12:30pm on Thursday, check-out to follow.
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing, and all meals. The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include golf activities, recreational sports, movies and more.
Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15-8:30am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:45am-Noon Golf Instruction with Video Analysis. Focus on all facets of game; putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch/free-time at Strokes
- 1:00-3:00pm Golf Instruction with Video Analysis
- 3:00-5:00pm Course play with staff - staff to provide instruction on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 5:00-6:00pm Dinner, free-time
- 6:15-9:00pm Evening activities (games, practice, swimming etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out