THE VOGELSINGER METHOD
Our goal is to create an environment—a GAME-LIKE ATMOSPHERE—through dynamic teaching and coaching by explanation, demonstration and participation to assist each player in creating a METHOD TO SELF-TEACH.
It is a painstaking STEP-BY-STEP method. We must create for you a crystal-clear picture of what we are trying to teach through demonstration and explanation. You must understand clearly and be able to picture every little detail in your MIND’S EYE. Moreover, you then have to see yourself performing it successfully, and physically feel it and emotionally experience it.
The ultimate goal of self-teaching is INTERNALIZING MOTIVATION and knowing where you are, where you want to be, and how to get there step-by-step. We say you “FAIL YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS” because with this method, mistakes become your guidelines.
You will become a BETTER PLAYER. You will become a BETTER PERSON, as you will learn how to work toward the goals that you set for yourself.
How is the Vogelsinger Soccer program different?
- It’s not a training camp, it’s a technical teaching camp
- Students change bad habits and create new habits
- Coaches give a step-by-step dissection of the mechanics of soccer – students are taught to have a full body experience - to feel, see, and do things the correct way so that they can continue to self-teach when camp is over
- Students are pushed out of their comfort zone to try/experience techniques/skills they never have before
- Practice in game like atmosphere to experience that same passion, pressure, and desire that is needed to improve and compete with the best
- Unique and unmatched coaching method leaves students with a renewed motivation and passion for the game
UNDERSTANDING THE PROGRAMS
1. INDIVIDUAL SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
This is a program you cannot afford to miss. Coach Vogelsinger has distinguished himself as THE soccer educator. His passionate unwavering philosophy over the years is that a good technical foundation is the best tactical preparation. We offer a modern teaching method, uniquely innovative and highly motivational. It is the main reason for the program’s incomparable success.
—TECHNICAL SKILLS: The sessions are dynamic, taught in realistic technical skill sequences in ball control, passing, dribbling and striking with their correct tactical applications. Young professionals provide realistic game-like demonstrations. With uncanny perception and ability, Coach Vogelsinger has broken down the most sophisticated technical skills with clear step-by-step explanations. With on-going dialogue, the staff keeps you focused with reminders such as “happy feet,” “magic hop,” and “get out of your comfort zone.”
---EVENING GAMES: In our evening games you can test what you have learned that day. Games, mainly 4v4 or 5v5, as well as 11v11, with two goals and goalkeepers, give you the opportunity to maximize touches on the ball and your chances to finish on a real goal.
Beginners to Advanced. Coed.
Ages 9 and up. Players are grouped first by age and then by ability.
The way the game is played is a direct reflection of a nation’s character. You are coached by someone from Brazil, Holland, Uruguay, England, Denmark, Mexico, Italy, Spain or Germany. You will get their views on how to play, and their passion for the game is quite evident.
FIELD PLAYERS AND GOALKEEPERS:
FIELD PLAYERS: Individual Skills and Techniques
We offer more focused training so that individuals of the same skill level can learn and grow together. There are programs for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill level players. Professional coaches from all over the world help hone and perfect players’ tactical awareness and understanding of this important position.
We encourage all campers to attend our early morning Soccerobics session which is part of our conditioning and fitness program to prepare you for the day ahead. (6:45 a.m. daily) Created by Master Coach Hubert Vogelsinger, Soccerobics is a system of carefully designed exercises with the ball, incorporating soccer skills with aerobic and physical conditioning. With Soccerobics, you will develop your natural rhythm through muscle memory and visualization while learning the essentials of proper foot work as well.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday between 2-3pm
- Extended Day and Day Campers: Sunday 3pm
Uniform distribution at 3pm
A TOTAL PACKAGE: All Vogelsinger Soccer students receive, as part of their tuition, Nike gear and a Nike match ball. Players are required to wear the official uniforms and socks at every field session. You may order extra uniforms from the office (888-780-CAMP), at check in at the camp store or on-line.
Jersey: $15 Shorts: $15 Socks: $10
Check out: Parents are invited to attend skills review session on Friday from 2:00-4:00 pm. Program ends immeditely following the skills review session. Last meal is lunch.
Spending Money: For pizza, subs, sodas – suggested amount is $30 a week.We order pizza or subs for late evening snacks, delivered at 8:30pm.
Dorms are not air conditioned. Please bring a fan.
A certified athletic trainer is on staff.
Group Discounts: If 5 OR MORE players register together each player will receive $25 off each week's tuition. All applications MUST be mailed in together to qualify for the discount.
Airport: Milwaukee Airport (45 hr from campus) O’Hare (1 hour from campus). Milwaukee is the easier airport to chose.
Preferred Airport Arrival: 12:00pm – 1:30 pm
Preferred Airport Departure: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Airport Shuttle: Transportation to campus can be arranged through Go Airport Connection at 1-800-236-5450 or fax 414-769-0209. Reservations are required. www.goairportconnection.com. MKE approximate cost: $49 one-way, and $5 each additional person. Chicago ORD approximate cost: $142 one way,$150 for 2 people person). There is a 5% discount if you book online.
Once a city park situated on the shores of Lake Michigan, Carthage College offers Vogelsinger students a state-of-the-art turf field stadium and grass fields for training. This picturesque campus is conveniently located midway between Milwaukee and Chicago, just one hour drive from O’Hare International and Milwaukee Mitchell Airports. The college dining hall and dormitories are just a short walk from the fields and athletic center.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:30am Wake-up
- 6:45am Soccerobics (Mandatory Monday- Wednesday (ages 13 and up), then voluntary. We strongly encourage participation.
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:45am On the field - Attendance
- 9:00am Stretching
- 9:15am Warm-ups
- 9:30-10:30am Individual technical skill instruction
- Advanced technical skill instruction
- Positional specific technical skill instruction
- Fast footwork/dribbling and feinting
- Advanced dribbling and feinting
- Position specific dribbling and feinting
- 10:30am Go for Goal: shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing
- Finishing 1v1 with keeper
- 11:00-11:30am Small-sided games (controlled)
- 11:30am Cool down, recreational activity/swimming(not all sites)
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Mandatory rest
- 1:45pm On the field - Attendance
- 2:00pm Stretching and warm-up games
- 2:30-4:30pm Individual tactical instruction
- Advanced tactical instruction
- Positional specific tactical instruction
- Individual functional tactical instruction
- Group functional tactical instruction
- Positional specific functional tactical instruction
- Team functional tactical instruction
- 4:00pm Go for Goal
- Shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing/2 goals
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing/2 goals
- Finishing 1v1 with goalkeeper
- 4:30pm Cool down, recreational activity/swimming (not all sites)
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Mandatory rest
- 6:45pm On the field - Attendance
- 7:00-8:30pm Evening Games ( small sided 11/side)
- Game preparation, stretching
- Warm-up and game instructions
- 8:30pm Cool down
- 9:30pm Evening Program: lectures, discussions; game videos
Lights out for ages 13 and under
- 10:30pm Lights out for ages 14 and over