THE VOGELSINGER METHOD
Our goal is to create an environment—a GAME-LIKE ATMOSPHERE—through dynamic teaching and coaching by explanation, demonstration and participation to assist each player in creating a METHOD TO SELF-TEACH.
It is a painstaking STEP-BY-STEP method. We must create for you a crystal-clear picture of what we are trying to teach through demonstration and explanation. You must understand clearly and be able to picture every little detail in your MIND’S EYE. Moreover, you then have to see yourself performing it successfully, and physically feel it and emotionally experience it.
The ultimate goal of self-teaching is INTERNALIZING MOTIVATION and knowing where you are, where you want to be, and how to get there step-by-step. We say you “FAIL YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS” because with this method, mistakes become your guidelines.
You will become a BETTER PLAYER. You will become a BETTER PERSON, as you will learn how to work toward the goals that you set for yourself.
How is the Vogelsinger Soccer program different?
- It’s not a training camp, it’s a technical teaching camp.
- Students change bad habits and create new habits.
- Coaches give a step-by-step dissection of the mechanics of soccer – students are taught to have a full body experience - to feel, see, and do things the correct way so that they can continue to self-teach when camp is over.
- Students are pushed out of their comfort zone to try/experience techniques/skills they never have before.
- Practice in game like atmosphere to experience that same passion, pressure, and desire that is needed to improve and compete with the best.
- Unique and unmatched coaching method leaves students with a renewed motivation and passion for the game.
UNDERSTANDING THE PROGRAMS
1. INDIVIDUAL SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
This is a program you cannot afford to miss. Coach Vogelsinger has distinguished himself as THE soccer educator. His passionate unwavering philosophy over the years is that a good technical foundation is the best tactical preparation. We offer a modern teaching method, uniquely innovative and highly motivational. It is the main reason for the program’s incomparable success.
—TECHNICAL SKILLS: The sessions are dynamic, taught in realistic technical skill sequences in ball control, passing, dribbling and striking with their correct tactical applications. Young professionals provide realistic game-like demonstrations. With uncanny perception and ability, Coach Vogelsinger has broken down the most sophisticated technical skills with clear step-by-step explanations. With on-going dialogue, the staff keeps you focused with reminders such as “happy feet,” “magic hop,” and “get out of your comfort zone.”
---EVENING GAMES: In our evening games you can test what you have learned that day. Games, mainly 4v4 or 5v5, as well as 11v11, with two goals and goalkeepers, give you the opportunity to maximize touches on the ball and your chances to finish on a real goal.
Beginners to Advanced. Coed.
Ages 9 and up. Players are grouped first by age and then by ability.
2. POSITIONAL TECHNIQUES/ TECHNICAL PROGRESSION
What makes this program so special and exciting is that you are taught by coaches who have played your position at a very high level and are able to provide you with depth and insight into the technical, tactical, and intellectual aspects of each position.
—ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL SKILL SEQUENCES: We instruct you to better understand and perform your position of choice with special attention paid in highlighting the defensive and attacking skills needed in all positions.
—EVENING GAMES: Evening games of 4v4, 5v5, as well as 11v11, with two goals and goalkeepers, are designed to give you as many touches on the ball as possible and the chance to practice what you have learned during the day.
Intermediate to Advanced. Coed. Ages 10 and up.
Players are grouped by position, then age, and then re-evaluated by ability.
FIELD PLAYERS AND GOALKEEPERS:
Mini Soccer Academy (2 weeks) Ages 12 +
Field players experience dramatic improvement in their coordination, harmony, and touch with the ball. The unique distraction free environment allows them to completely immerse themselves in the challenges, demands, and technicalities of the sport. Expectations run high and each player leaves with the necessary tools to continue to become the best athlete they can be.
Mini Academy (June 21-July 4): Individual Skills and Tactics & Positional Techniques/ Tactical Concepts
All Star Soccer Schools (1 week)
We offer more specialized training in a shorter period of time. Each week of our school offers a different program and athletes can choose to work on anything from their individual player skills to those needed as a member of a dynamic team preparing for the fall season.
All Star School 1 (June 21-27): Individual Skills and Techniques
All Star School 2 (June 28-July 4): Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression
Mini Academy (2 weeks)
Goalkeeping programs provide an ideal environment for goalkeepers of high caliber and extraordinary commitment to challenge each other to be the very best. Goalkeepers experience the specific physical pressure of match play and are taught the benefits of visualization as a method of reaching an even higher level of performance.
All Star Goalkeeping Schools (1 week)
We offer more focused training so that individuals of the same skill level can learn and grow together. There are programs for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill level players. Professional coaches from all over the world help hone and perfect players’ tactical awareness and understanding of this important position.
Attend one or two weeks. We offer a variety of programs:
The Vogelsinger All Star Soccer Schools are the only one-week schools that offer 6 action packed days.
We encourage all campers to attend our early morning Soccerobics session which is part of our conditioning and fitness program to prepare you for the day ahead. (6:45 a.m. daily) Created by Master Coach Hubert Vogelsinger, Soccerobics is a system of carefully designed exercises with the ball, incorporating soccer skills with aerobic and physical conditioning. With Soccerobics, you will develop your natural rhythm through muscle memory and visualization while learning the essentials of proper foot work as well.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday between 2-3pm
- Extended Day and Day Campers: Sunday 3pm
- Uniform distribution at 3pm
A TOTAL PACKAGE: All Vogelsinger Soccer students receive, as part of their tuition, Nike gear and a Nike match ball. Academy players receive two complete sets of Nike uniforms and two pairs of socks. All Star players receive two jerseys, one pair of socks and shorts. Players are required to wear the official uniforms and socks at every field session. You may order extra uniforms from the office (888-780-CAMP), camp store or on-line.
Jersey: $15 Shorts: $15 Socks: $10
Check out: Parents are invited to attend skills review session on Saturday at 9:00 am. Program ends at 11:30 am. Last meal is breakfast.
Spending Money: For pizza, subs, sodas – suggested amount is $30 a week. We order pizza or subs for late evening snacks, delivered at 8:30pm.
Dorms are not air conditioned. Please bring a fan.
A certified athletic trainer is on staff. A school nurse is on staff Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.
Group Discounts: If 5 OR MORE players register together each player will receive $25 off each week's tuition. All applications MUST be mailed in together to qualify for the discount.
Early arrival: For students travelling from far distances, you may arrive a night early for an extra fee of $75.
Weekend Stayover for Mini Academy students: The weekends are “rest time” for multiple week students. There is a required schedule of non-physical activities on both Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Saturday schedule: On field program 9-11:30. Lunch: noon; 1-4 free time. 4-5pm: Stretching and Visualization. 5-7pm: dinner trip to mall for movie. Movie and bus are included in camp tuition.
Saturday off-site: For those players staying for both sessions, students travel to a movie at a nearby theater. They will travel by bus and are fully supervised. Cost of the trip is included in the camp tuition. Bring extra money for snacks.
Weekends are also a good time to do laundry (bring detergent and quarters).
Airport: Philadelphia and Newark airports are within 50-mile radius of the School. Philadelphia Airport is closer than Newark.
- Preferred Airport Arrival: 12:00pm – 1:30 pm
- Preferred Airport Departure: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Airport Shuttle: Philadelphia and Newark airports are both within 50 miles of the School. John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport is 70 miles from the School. Transportation is available to and from Newark Airport and JFK via Olympic Airporter mini-buses (800-822-9797, www.olympic-limo.com) or via limousine service.
Located just four miles south of Princeton and about an hour from New York City and Philadelphia, The Lawrenceville School is a prestigious college preparatory school with first-rate athletic facilities. The tree lined campus and close-knit dormitories provide a secure environment in which to grow and develop as a dedicated soccer player.
Lawrenceville School is not in any way involved in the ownership or management of the Vogelsinger Soccer Academy.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:30am Wake-up
- 6:45am Soccerobics (Mandatory Monday-Wednesday, then voluntary. We strongly encourage participation)
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:45am On the field - Attendance
- 9:00am Stretching
- 9:15am Warm-ups
- 9:30-10:30am Inndividual technical skill instruction
- Advanced technical skill instruction
- Positional specific technical skill instruction
- Fast footwork/dribbling and feinting
- Advanced dribbling and feinting
- Position specific dribbling and feinting
- 10:30am Go for Goal: shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing
- Finishing 1v1 with keeper
- 11:00-11:30am Small-sided games (controlled)
- 11:30am Cool down, recreational activity/swimming(not all sites)
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Mandatory rest
- 1:45pm On the field - Attendance
- 2:00pm Stretching and warm up games
- 2:30-4:00pm Individual tactical instruction
- Advanced tactical instruction
- Positional specific tactical instruction
- Individual functional tactical instruction
- Group functional tactical instruction
- Positional specific functional tactical instruction
- Team functional tactical instruction
- 4:00pm Go for Goal
- Shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing/2 goals
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing/2 goals
- Finishing 1v1 with goalkeeper
- 4:30pm Cool down, recreational activity/swimming (not all sites)
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Mandatory rest
- 6:45pm On the field - Attendance
- 7:00-8:30pm Evening Games (small sided 11/side)
- Game preparation, stretching
- Warm-up and game instructions
- 8:30pm Cool down
- 9:30pm Evening Program: lectures, discussions; game videos
- 10:00pm Lights out for ages 13 and under
- 10:30pm Lights out for ages 14 and over