This summer, Hillsdale is offering one week (Sunday thru Thursday) of overnight and day camp (8:15am-5:00pm) for ages 10-18. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: SUN 1:30PM-8:15PM, MON-WED 8:15AM-5PM, THURS 8:15AM-NOON
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- Check-in takes place between 1:00PM-2:00PM on Sunday, June 26th. There will be a camp orientation meeting at 2:15PM and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- Day Campers check-in between 1:30PM-2:00PM on the first day. Arrive dressed and ready to swim. At that time, you will be assigned a counselor and you will be given a complete schedule of all events during the week.
Day Camper Schedule: SUN 1:30PM-8:15PM, MON-WED 8:15AM-5PM, THURS 8:15AM-NOON
- A closing ceremony will take place at the pool at 11:00am on Thursday, June 30th. Day Campers will be picked up at the pool immediately following the closing ceremony. Overnight campers check-out from dorm immediately following.
Roommates & Housing
Campers stay 2-per room in The Suites and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so no later than 10 days before the start of camp. After that, the request can't be guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. Boys and girls are housed on seperate floors with gender specific counselors on them.
- Dorm: The Suites
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
♦ Dorm has AC - No fan needed
Supervision: Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Team Discount: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Jack McAvoy Natatorium
Campers train daily in the John "Jack" McAvoy Auditorium, home of the Chargers Swimming and Diving Team. The pool is a 6-lane, 25-yard x 25-meter race course.
This camp is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 am Drill Session 1 (pool)
- 8:30 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Stroke Review (auditorium)
- 9:30 am Underwater Videotaping (pool)
- 10:00 am Start and Turn work (pool)
- 11:00 am Team building exercise (water polo)
- 11:45 am Campers/Staff walk to lunch together
- 12:30 pm Mental Toughness Session
- 1:15 pm Workout time (pool)
- 2:30 pm Videotape Review with coaches
- 3:15 pm Team building exercise (land based activity)
- 4:00 pm Organized Free Time
- 5:00 pm Dinner
- 5:45 pm Sports Nutrition Discussion
- 6:30 pm Drill Session 2 (pool)
- 8:30 pm Residence Hall
- 10:00 pm Lights out!