More Important Camp Details
This summer, TCNJ is offering one week of overnight and day camp (9:00am-5:00pm) for ages 10-18. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms with Private Bathrooms
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: MON-THURS 9:00AM-5:00PM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- Check-in takes place at 9:00am on Monday, June 26th at New Res Hall. There will be a camp orientation meeting at and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- There will be a swim meet at 2:30pm on Thursday, June 29th followed by a closing ceremony between 4:30-5:00pm at Packer Pool. Parents are invited to attend both the swim meet and the closing ceremony. Camp concludes immediately following the closing ceremony. Overnight Campers check-out of Decker Hall and Day Campers are picked up at Packer Pool.
Housing & Roommates
Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new! Boys and girls are housed on seperate floors with gender specific counselors on them.
- Dorm: New Res Hall
- Bathrooms: Private Bathrooms
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes | Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
♦ Please note: Triples are not available.
Supervision: Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Team Discount: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
The College of New Jersey
The College of New Jersey Aquatic Center measures 126 feet by 67 feet and the pool is divided by a moveable bulkhead that separates the diving well from the main pool. The diving well measures 67 feet by 48 feet and has 2 one-meter and 2 three-meter diving boards as well as 2 lap lanes. The main pool has 8 lap lanes that are 25 yards long.
The Nike Swim Camp New Jersey is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (overnighters)
- 8:30 am Day Campers arrive, stretch
- 9:00 am Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 am Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 pm Rest/Supervised Free Time
- 1:30 pm Pool Session 2
- 4:00 pm Day Campers depart
- 5:00 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm Pool Session 3 - Starts, Turns, Relay Races
- 9:30 pm Supervised free time in dorm
- 10:00 pm Lights out!