Nike Swim Camp at the University of Oklahoma Norman, Oklahoma
A school well known for it's strong athletics the University of Oklahoma boasts some of the finest facilities that you will find anywhere in the country. Campers train each day in the school’s 25‑yard x 8‑lane facility and stay in student housing located within walking distance to the pool.
Located in Norman, the Nike Swim Camp at the University of Oklahoma is designed to help competitive swimmers improve their stroke technique so they can compete at the next level. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
- Stroke technique refinement for competitive swimming
- Low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Fun evening social activities
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
The Nike Swim Camp at the University of Oklahoma is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.Meet your coaching staff
Directing the camp is Brendon Bray, the Associate Head Swim Coach at San Diego State University. Coach Bray joined the San Diego State coaching staff after serving at the University of Washington, where he was the men's and women's swimming Assistant Coach for three years. During his time at UW, Bray helped coach multiple NCAA qualifiers and NCAA championship scorers. He also served as the recruiting coordinator and oversaw the day-to-day operations of the Huskies' swimming program.
Campers stay 2-per room in Couch Tower and are assigned by age and roommate requests.
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (overnighters)
- 8:50 am Extended Day Campers arrive, stretch
- 9:00 am Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 am Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 pm Dry Land Exercises
- 1:30 pm Pool Session 2
- 5:00 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm Pool Session 3 - Starts, Turns, Relay Races
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:30 pm Supervised free time in dorm
- 10:00 pm Lights out!