Camp Program Offerings
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The High School Program is provided for players ages 13-18 who are currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Overnight campers arrive at 4:00pm on Sunday at the dorms.
- Day campers arrive at 8:30am on Monday at the courts.
- (Day campers stay until 4:00pm on check-in day.)
- 11:30am on Thursday at the tennis courts for all campers.
Day Campers Schedule
- Day campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- All Day Campers depart each day at 4:00pm (except Thursday)
Day campers bring their own lunch each day.
Campers will play on the 9 regulation courts at the Joseph Abrahamson Tennis Courts. In case of inclement weather, campers will use the 4 indoor courts in the Charles H. Sanford Fieldhouse.
2016: Dorms TBD | 2015: Campers will reside in single and double rooms in the Bryan Complex dorms. Every 3-6 campers share 1 bathroom. There is no A/C in dorms. Campers can bring fans. Roommates are assigned by requests then by age and gender.
Weekend stayovers are not available at this location.
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Syracuse Airport and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee of $50 that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
We have a hospital adjacent to our athletic facilities. We have a team of EMTs on campus 24/7 in accordance with Children's Camp regulations. They hold medications (campers can't keep medication in their rooms) and establish med times, complete paperwork required for the Department of Health, and submit illness and injury reports if necessary. They can provide treatment in emergency situations.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRCG
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out